flourishdesignstudio

Slider Suggestion Needed

flourishdesignstudio

Hi there! I am building a site and need a slider that resembles the old Features section. I plan to place it in a column next to the PostLoop/Content area.

I want it to be simple, with dots for navigation, and I can control the timing and transitions. I tried the Quick Slider, but there is no option to control timing or add dot navigation. So, I just need a bit more control.

I know that I could use a NextGen gallery or something like that, but I prefer to use a PL section if there is one that someone can recommend.

JaffaDave
Try searching for meta slider:)

flourishdesignstudio

Thanks so much! Is that in the Pagelines store or a a general WP plugin? And, does that pull images from a custom post type? Just curious!

flourishdesignstudio

I already found it and it looks great! Thanks again!!!

flourishdesignstudio

I've been playing with this slider and it's great! I think it's great to have some solutions that can be used outside of DMS, just in case you want to disable DMS so that clients don't edit things that should not be edited! So, the fact that you add slides outside of the DMS controls is perfect. Thanks again!

JaffaDave
No worries, I was forced to find solutions outside of DMS for the simple fact that once you lock the client out it defeats the purpose of a CMS. Glad you found the slider helpful.

flourishdesignstudio
It would be great to have an area specifically for that reason. I would like options outside of DMS so that clients can make minimal changes, but can't access DMS. Sections using custom post types, etc, are needed. If you have any other favorites, feel free to share. :)

flourishdesignstudio
Yes, I know that you can lock down the visual editor, which is great. But, if its completely locked down, clients can't add images to sliders, boxes, etc. The fact that its all access to DMS or no access at all leaves us needing to find new options for those sites who have the DMS locked down, but want to be able to edit more than written page content.

dhrose

I'm a new WP PageLines user... and I was wondering how do you add plugins to pages outside of DMS? I have a Framework 2.4 site and I'm testing DMS on my test domain... Meta looks great but I had a bunch of stuff in carousel and next gen and I'm trying to figure out how to reconstruct all this in DMS... It's looking like they want me to "buy" a lot of what was free?

Thanks... 

flourishdesignstudio

I've only done a bit of testing, but what I did was place a media box in DMS and then place the shortcode for the slideshow inside of the media box. Then, you can add the photos to the media box through the regular WP dashboard.

dhrose

Thanks... When I finally got DMS to work I was getting pretty excited... but after trying to recreate my Framework site I'm beginning to think this is more of a way for developers to make money than a new way to design websites. Most of the simple PageLines "free" included plugins that I used are gone, and their equivalents are $19. or more in the store... and a lot of the functionality has been removed that I could manipulate with code in the customize plugin... I'm a little bummed. To just recreate my (simple) site I would need to pay around $50. plus the subscription... and a lot of the new plugins that are free are well, ugly or not as functional.

O.K. rant over...