jba9

iboxes

jba9

hi... just trying out dms right now... finding it so hard to change over from the old pagelines.... need some help with iboxes.... how do i get just custom click-able images to show... a bit like the old boxes in pagelines. thanks. Jeremy 

Rob

Hi,

I loved boxes, but to be very honest, they had their limits.  I wanted to use iBox in my footer but alas, that too has its limits.  Instead, I used a simple grid with 6 columns (exactly what I needed)

<div class="row">
<div class="span2">Span 2</div>
</div>

Where it says Span 2,  I added a linked image followed by an h tagged title (linked) and simple text.

That reproduced boxes.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

dhrose

Er could they make em' "boxes" instead of iCircles...  

dhrose

Not sure if I'll get a reply on this, but does anyone know how to get comments back on a blog page? I deleted it thinking it could be a local or global option and now it's gone? Is that a drag and drop item???

Thanks!

Rob

Comments don't go on a blog page, in Framework, Platform or generally, in WP right out of the box.

Comments go on a blog post page (at the bottom of the post, usually).  Keep in mind the comments are to the page they're on. So if you have comments on a listing of blog posts, which is a blog page, you're commenting on that page, with all its postings. You'd not be commenting on the individual post.

I hope this makes sense.

Comments are an available section for the post template.  Once on a post, click at the top of the post, above the title, and select the pencil icon to edit. 

You can then edit there, if there are any settings.  Scroll down once published, and add Comments to the bottom of the post or where you'd like to place them. Just drag the Comments section up to the post loop area and add it.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur