dougyhunt

Yoast SEO Breadcrumbs / Breadcrumbs

dougyhunt    1
dougyhunt

Hi,

Working on the DMS and wanted to know if there is a way of adding functions via the on page editor, i.e. such as Yoast's SEO Breadcrumbs function:

<?php if ( function_exists('yoast_breadcrumb') ) {
yoast_breadcrumb('<p id="breadcrumbs">','</p>');
} ?>

Otherwise there is no simple way of either adding functions or code via the editor - which seems like a major weakness.

Trying to add it to http://twentyfirstdigital.co.uk

Thanks.

Edited by dougyhunt (see edit history)

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra    0
Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

I don't know if you can do it with the on page editor.

But working with a child theme in version 2 of Pagelines was very easy, and I don't think that part changed...

You can find the docs here: http://docs.pagelines.com/customize/base-child-theme

Via your FTP you can find the functions.php in your base child theme you have installed. I included Yoast breadcrumb before my postloop with the following action:

add_action('pagelines_before_postloop', 'breadcrumb');
function breadcrumb(){
?>
<?php if (is_front_page()) {
	echo '';
} else {
        if ( function_exists('yoast_breadcrumb') ) {
yoast_breadcrumb('<p id="breadcrumbs">','</p>');
       }
} ?>
<?php }

Hope this helps you.

I write about internet marketing, WordPress and Pagelines on my Dutch blog spoelstra.ws

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Michael Kummer
      By Michael Kummer+
      Hi guys,
      It seems like the H1 tag in the Pagelines 5 framework is missing the entry-title tag. Google Search Console complains about that and it seems like it needs to be fixed in the theme. Based on another thread, this looks like a known issue but I haven't seen any updates from the framework team.
      Any indication of what the status on this issue is?
      The site in question that I have that issue with is michaelkummer.com.
      Thanks
      Michael
    • Objectif-Mariage
      By Objectif-Mariage+
      Hello. I just past my PL5 website to BING analyser, and I was very surprise when it told me I had five <H1> ! ? What ? how it's possible ?? 
      So I have checked the code, and obviously, some PL plugin (like Elements), create some <h1> balises for their Header.... Great ! 
      So I have try to simply not use this Element's Header, leting them blanck. But <H1> balise is still there ! Empty but sill there ! ( <h1 class="elements-header" data-bind="plshortcode: header"></h1>).
      I have took Element as exemple, but it's the same for other PL plugins. Even if you let a part blank, PL plugin will create an empty balise ! :-(
      I'm not developper, and don't know PHP. But I guess it's possible to create a fonction, witch would say . 
      "if one balise is empty => then don't write it."
      What guy's do you think about that ?

There is a link to my website : http://www.wedding-photography-minneapolis.com/
    • Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      Hi,
      We're using Yoast SEO plugin and it can not crawl the content that is in a Pagelines text container, only the Paglines framework content. 
      I can see that it is a problem with SEO plugins and external site builders to read the content. So is there a Pagelines SEO plugin that would solve that? 
      I know that it does not effect stats on google, but it is not possible to see the full picture of SEO status. 

• BlueSkyCreative
      By BlueSkyCreative+
      Hi there,
      I have a dev site I am working on and my seo plugin is not being able to see the image alt tags
      to test this I have an image on the top section in an image section here http://213.5.177.31/~northsho/keys2drive/
      but in the source code the image tag is not registering? I have also added the image via the media library, added the alt and it doesn't work that way either
      At the moment I am just trying with the image section but hope that the binding alt tags for any of the images in sections would work, I have not tried yet, but want to see why the main image isn't first
      Thanks In advance  

Paul