Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jjherman

featured image does not appear in my facebook posts

jjherman    1
jjherman

Website URL: thearcanefront.com
Framework Version: 2.4.3
WordPress Version: 3.5.2
Plugins in Use:
Server/Host:
Screenshots:
Details:

The featured image does not appear in my facebook posts. It give me the wrong pictures. Everything is updated. 

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

I don't personally use Facebook, can you provide some images please.

An image of your Posts Feature image in Wordpress Admin Dashboard > Posts > Select the Post > Screenshot the Post editor displaying the Feature Image area.

An image of your Facebook page showing the error.

Also, I noticed that you do not have your feature image on your single post page, can you set this in the Blog & Posts options and then publish to Facebook again and see if this resolves your issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jjherman    1
jjherman

When you post an article in Facebook, an image appears. A thumbnail. But it shows the wrong thumbnail. This has happened before but an update usually fixes it. Not this time, though. So I can't share the articles basically on facebook because it looks dumb.

Rob    547
Rob

Have you checked with FB or WP (3.6 was just pushed yesterday).  as either of those have more to do with this issue than DMS or Framework could.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

jjherman    1
jjherman

Wordpress is update. I tried that today.

Facebook has not customer service and my other sites are working. It' can't be a plugin. Really sucks my clients entire traffic is from Facebook. I'll test a different theme.

Simon    247
Simon

You have facebook metadata disabled. The option is in the header/footer area of the options.

jjherman    1
jjherman

Hey Simon thank you for responding. I can't find this. I've check site options and page options. Can't locate facebook metadata info.

anikonpro    0
anikonpro

Hello,  This is now old information.  Featured images are now not showing again with DMS 2  Please update?????

greenfly    230
greenfly

anikonpro Please create your own topic 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

• Similar Content

• MissT
      By MissT+
      Regarding the 'global option' mentioned by Simon in this previous post (to turn off the facebook opengraph data if you are using another plugin that provides it) ...where is this option? I don't seem to be able to find it.
      Many thanks in advance.

• JudithKlinger
      By JudithKlinger+
      I'm sure this is just user fatigue...but where is the setting to delete the Facebook button in the Splash section of Teamwork? You'd think it would be in the Splash area, but it seems
      to be hiding elsewhere!  You can barely see it... I didn't even notice it until I changed the image. 

• Michael Kummer
      By Michael Kummer+
      Hi guys,
      Is it possible, and if so, how, to change the layout of the archive pages? For example, I would like to use a smaller and more compact image size for featured images and shorten the amount of text that's displayed for each post without also changing how featured images are displayed on single post pages.
      I am talking about https://michaelkummer.com/apple/ vs How to extend the storage of your iPhone or iPad.
      Thanks
      Michael

• Jeffrey Salim
      By Jeffrey Salim+
      When trying to activate the Facebook Plugin, using the Bootstrap Theme under Platform 5, the following Fatal Error occurs:
      Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[', expecting ')' in /wp-content/plugins/pl-plugin-login-facebook/libs/fblogin.php on line 35
      If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated...
    • tristanrodgers
      By tristanrodgers+
      Hi there!
      I'd love to have some social media buttons in my navbar like my online-shop has!
      http://mc1r-magazine.com/
      Can someone explain me how to create them? I tried a lot but don't know how to realize them...
      Greetings from Germany,
      Tristan