Css codes for pagelines sections

4 posts in this topic

So why can't we have a list of the css codes that apply to each pagelines section to make the styling classes and custom css easier? For example:

Hero Section

.pl-hero-wrap .pl-hero h1 > Changes the style of the title of the hero section

iBox Section

What I've noticed is that every time someone asks a question about css and styling classes, the default answer is go to Chrome developer tools / firefox / etc. and find the css. I understand that for the more savvy people, that may be the easiest way. But for me (a newbie), that's only useful if you know what you're looking for (i.e.. that .pl-hero-wrap .pl-hero h1) equals  title areas of the Hero section. Eg. I'd like to change the colour of the icon-font in my ibox section, but for the life of me, I can't work out which are the right codes to use (I've been trying with Google Chrome).

Obviously, I am not a coder and am very ignorant around all this stuff. I can't help thinking that a list would be pretty useful. Thanks anyway.

1 person likes this

Hi ppotent

I give you an example, you add this

Custome Code

.pl-hero-wrap .pl-hero h1 {

font-size: 40px;}

And you change the size of the hero title

My exemplary code is not necessarily applicable as written, to your site, so please adjust accordingly.

See the image:

You can see more information at

You should be using Firebug for Firefox to inspect the site and find the appropriate code, then transferring/editing it into Custom Code via Chrome in the Visual Editor's Custom Code area.

You can see this for Firebug

If you need more CSS help, make sure you've downloaded Firebug for Firefox

and check out W3 Schools for more info. 

Please, you try to learn it slowly, you make examples, this is very easy, I'm a newbie too.

I learn searching at forum.

Thanks for the info - I have been using Firebug and after a while identifying the correct classes and making CSS changes starts to make sense. But I'm really struggling to do the same with Chrome since I had to switch for DMS. Since developer tools are built in to Chrome it should have the same function but I can't identify anything!

Hi nfp1900

The same thing happens with Chrome, is more friendly Firefox to me.
I should practice more with "this Chrome"

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

By oseehys+
      Hey Guys, i have been having some fun with PL5, on my test site, still learning and trying to master 3 sections a day, am happy the launch has been postponed its for the best lets master it as much as possible.
      But we still gat to eat with DMS for now, so my issue has been on how to reduce my pin pad size in pinspro, right now it display 3 in a row, like the default theme, but i want it to display 4 in a row, if i reduce my screen resolution to 90% it becomes 4 in a row, that is the perfect size, i cant see any css on the forum be able to reduce the size,  so guys please, please this is very important, i need the css to adjust the size, of all the css @Danny has provided on the forum i cant see anyone that focus on the size reduction except on hiding the bottom meta area, mine is just to reduce the size, checkout the images below, the image with 4 rows is the perfect size i crave to have, while the pinpad with 3 rows is what i currently need to change.
      Thanks Guys for your support all this while.
    • Can't download / add sections
      By lucact+
      I can't download sections. I don't find the "Plagelines Connect" plugin so I don't know how to get any extra section/addon.
      Please, help.
    • CSS Hero question
      By janpeeters+
      Hi all,
      I was totally excited to find out about 'CSS Hero' (http://www.csshero.org) I read about it in the compatible plugins section of the PL5 docs (http://www.pagelines.com/resources/compatible-plugins) For me it's a great way to more easily customize my sites because I'm not a CSS pro.
      I'm wondering about one thing though… Does anyone know if using this will result in a heavy penalty on page loading speeds? Would love to start using it but only if it doesn't cost too much in terms of speed.
      Thanks, Jan
    • WooCommerce Checkout page broken under DMS
      By nizami+
      Seem to have fallen foul of a DMS2/WooCommerce issue. 
      All pages display correctly save the WooCommerce Checkout page, which looks like this: 
      Help massively appreciated as this is the last blocker before client site launch http://elenaangel.com
    • Modal Popup Background
      By abuzzelli+
      I need the modal popup background to be solid and I can't get the css to work. Not sure what to do. Here's the page: http://bellissimoplasticsurgery.com/breast-augmentation-test-page/