lkiefer

Picture upload failed

lkiefer

I am new to WordPress and to Page lines DMS, so please be kind an patient....

I have successfully gotten WordPress and DMS working through my web host site (GoDaddy)...

When I attempt to upload a picture using the DMS uploader, I get an error message saying Upload failed...

I have tried multiple web browsers AND 3 different computers....no luck.

Any and all advice would be appreciated.

atcdomainsolutions
What error message are you getting when it fails?

lkiefer

On the Global Options tab of the DMS Editor "bottom of browser window" When I click on "Navbar" in the left column and I try to upload a navbar image for example, it tries to upload then fails. The upload indicator turns red and the message simply says upload failed.

I also had trouble uploading the DMS.zip file when I set this up, I had to go directly to my FTP site and upload it there. I am not sure if these are related, so I thought I would mention it.

lkiefer

I cannot upload any images anywhere for that matter. I just tried to upload a very small jpeg in site images and it gave the same error.

Rob

Your problem is that your uploads folder is not set up correctly.  The ownership or permissions are incorrect.

Contact your host and ask them to look into that for you, or guide you correctly.  Did you use some kind of installer for WordPress? Usually the installers don't give you ownership or set the permissions correctly.

You may simply have to re-install WordPress manually, which sounds much more painful than it is.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

lkiefer

I think you hit the nail on the head.....That is my thought as well. 

I used the installer for WP on the GoDaddy web site. Its integrated into their site...

I did go through each folder to make sure I had permissions, however the folder naming does not match up to what I see on on the front end in WP or the DMS window.....This is a fresh install, so now's a great time for me to uninstall it and re install....I will post the outcome asap.

Thanks so much for your comments, I really do appreciate the help.

batman

lkiefer

I used the installer for WP on the GoDaddy shared host

This work fine to me, you can see the image

Captura%2520de%2520pantalla%25202013-07-

Please, you can try with

Extract the file dms.zip or dms-dev.zip in you PC 

and then upload the theme via FTP

The right folder is

wp-content / themes / dms

This resolved all my issues.

;)

• Like 2

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

lkiefer

Bat Learning Saved the day. This fixed it. :D

Big thanks to everyones efforts.