nickvdt14

Depth Charge

nickvdt14    1
nickvdt14

Hi there.

When using depth charge for DMS and trying to set the backdrop images, is there a way to have the images size to the width of the browser? My problem is that I'd like the full image to be shown, but when setting the backdrop using a large image it only shows a small portion of it even when smart size is checked.

Rob    547
Rob

Hi,

Depth Charge is a new 3rd party product.  I've moved this topic so that the developer may reply directly.  He will be notified at the end of the day of your enquiry and will respond soon.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

nickvdt14    1
nickvdt14

Thanks Rob!

Jenny    33
Jenny

I have informed the developer of this topic. He should reply soon.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

etcio+    10
etcio

Hi there.

When using depth charge for DMS and trying to set the backdrop images, is there a way to have the images size to the width of the browser? My problem is that I'd like the full image to be shown, but when setting the backdrop using a large image it only shows a small portion of it even when smart size is checked.

I'm really sorry, Nick. I'll have to look into why I wasn't receiving notifications.

You may use my dedicated support system here: http://help.etc.io/support/home

The images are supposed to be resizing to the entire width of the browser window, and also take into consideration the vertical scroll distance necessary and compensate. Do you happen to have a link I can look at to help troubleshoot?

nickvdt14    1
nickvdt14

Not a problem at all. Trying to develop the site bit by bit so there's no rush.

If you look here: http://dreamerphotos.com/info/about/ you'll see there's a section using depth charge. Unfortunately the image is much wider than the width of the page, and the height of the image isn't fully covered when scrolling. It's probably something I'm not doing correctly.

etcio+    10
etcio

Not a problem at all. Trying to develop the site bit by bit so there's no rush.

If you look here: http://dreamerphotos.com/info/about/ you'll see there's a section using depth charge. Unfortunately the image is much wider than the width of the page, and the height of the image isn't fully covered when scrolling. It's probably something I'm not doing correctly.

http://etc.gs/qAc6

That's what it should look like, right?

It seems to be working for me. What browser/platform are you on? Does it happen when you are both logged in and not logged in? Have you tried another computer?

nickvdt14    1
nickvdt14

Seems to appear the same on Chrome/Safari/Firefox. I've tried it on another computer with a different screen size and it seems to appear the same. Here's the original image: http://dreamerphotos.com/?attachment_id=2161. I want to make it so that more of the image is visible if that's possible.

etcio+    10
etcio

Seems to appear the same on Chrome/Safari/Firefox. I've tried it on another computer with a different screen size and it seems to appear the same. Here's the original image: http://dreamerphotos.com/?attachment_id=2161. I want to make it so that more of the image is visible if that's possible.

Ahh - I understand what you're doing now.

The system is, in fact, resizing it to maximize the amount of visible photo. The distance is being calculated based on an assumption that you'll be scrolling past the section and content will exist underneath the DC section. So effectively, the bottom pixel of the photo will hit the bottom of the DC section when it hits the top of your screen. Does that make sense?

Right now, you don't have any content underneath it so you don't see the full distance it is made to scroll. I have planned on making it a tad smarter in the future, where it tries to calculate the distance of content underneath the section instead of assuming you'll want to scroll the full distance of the screen.

I'll add another tally to my feature request list for smarter distance sizing.

Does all of that make sense?

nickvdt14    1
nickvdt14

Perfect sense as it only seems to be images at the bottom of the page that does this! Thanks for the reply, it's already an awesome addon and thank you for the hard work you've put in!

etcio+    10
etcio

Perfect sense as it only seems to be images at the bottom of the page that does this! Thanks for the reply, it's already an awesome addon and thank you for the hard work you've put in!

Keep me updated. I want to see what you do with it.

I used to live in Jo'burg, btw. Houghton Estates and Sandton City.

• Like 1