captainslog

PageLines Support

captainslog

I understand and appreciate that the changes underfoot are creating a lot of extra work for you.

I run a business which has more than 50 PageLines sites. I am anxious to get some clarity about the future of PageLines and what I actually now own.

My current subscription is: PageLines Framework - Professional – Standalone Lifetime.

What does that mean in terms of DMS?

I have looked at the FAQ and the pinned posts, but I do not see my questions answered, or in some cases, I can't believe what I've read and need confirmation.

Is PageLines Still Supported?

I'm now under the impression that I must migrate to DMS, otherwise, in the short- or near-term, PageLines, the product I bought into, will no longer be supported, developed or advanced. Is that the case?

Will PageLines continue to be developed or supported? Whatever the case, for how long?

What Happens to my Current Lifetime Subscription?

Will I be able to re-up my PageLines subscription when it comes due, or will all my current sites break if I haven't migrated to DMS by then?

• Like 1

Rob

We have no stated plans to deprecate Framework in the near or short term. You're under no obligation or deadline to move to DMS. Your Framework sites will work, continuously.  Any recent difficulties were related to the hacking we experienced, not to the new launch.

Lifetime, for the record, refers to the lifetime of the product. We won't be sitting here supporting Framework when you're 93 years old.  However, these products generally have about 18 to 20 months continued support after the next generation is launched.  You can guide yourself accordingly.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Stara

Hi everyone.  Hi support.

I am a little confused on all these upgrades.  The latest version of Pagelines that I have is v.2.3.8 -The  Developer's version.  So does this mean that I am automatically upgraded with the new DMS?  

Also, when I try to configure my Pagelines account with my website, my account "ca one time annot be found".

I paid a one time fee when I first purchased Pagelines back in December 2012.

Now I see you have monthly recurring fees.

It just seems a little overwhelming right now.

Sincerely and thank you,

Stara

Stara

I understand and appreciate that the changes underfoot are creating a lot of extra work for you.

I run a business which has more than 50 PageLines sites. I am anxious to get some clarity about the future of PageLines and what I actually now own.

My current subscription is: PageLines Framework - Professional – Standalone Lifetime.

What does that mean in terms of DMS?

I have looked at the FAQ and the pinned posts, but I do not see my questions answered, or in some cases, I can't believe what I've read and need confirmation.

Is PageLines Still Supported?

I'm now under the impression that I must migrate to DMS, otherwise, in the short- or near-term, PageLines, the product I bought into, will no longer be supported, developed or advanced. Is that the case?

Will PageLines continue to be developed or supported? Whatever the case, for how long?

What Happens to my Current Lifetime Subscription?

Will I be able to re-up my PageLines subscription when it comes due, or will all my current sites break if I haven't migrated to DMS by then?

Captainslog,

I think we have the same basic questions.

captainslog

No need to be snarly, Don . . . better to be clear and concise and helpful. You really haven't answered any of my questions or concerns. Not one of them, and not in the PgaeLines stated spirit of 'HAPPINESS Guaranteed." either. In fact, I find you response to be condescending and rude. Short on facts and details. Not helpful at all. Continued responses like yours have already motivated me to look for a different framework. I don’t need PageLines or DMS, when there are many alternatives out there.

If I haven’t been clear enough, Don, or hopefully someone else, let me try again:

Is the PageLines Framework in the last cycle of its development? End-of-Life?

How long, exactly will the Framework be supported?

My current subscription is: “PageLines Framework - Professional – Standalone Lifetime.” What does that mean in terms of DMS. Do I get an upgrade path to that framework, or do I need to start paying the monthly Subscription fee immediately? Since PageLines isn’t being developed further from this point on, I’m assuming my investment in PageLiines six months ago or so, my initial investment is really for six month of an actively updated framework. So, now I’m sitting on an end-of-life product with no consideration for my current subscription. AND I have to put up with absolulte rudeness from people like Don.

What kind of updates can we expect? What will drive the update decisions? Security Only? Features?

DMS features will break if the subscription is stopped. Since I have a paid for version of PageLines now, I can only assume that the features I now enjoy will all break if I migrate into DMS and at some point stop my subscription. Personally, I am not a fan of that type of ‘open source.’ If that is really the case, I am most likely out of here. I’d appreciate a well-considered response that actually considers my concerns and perhaps gets me thinking of NOT switching from PageLines / DMS to something else. I don’t need the sales pitch either.

Since the PageLines Framework is at the end of its development cycle, I must now plan for the migration of my 50 sites into DMS. As Don mentioned, “You don’t have to migrate form PageLines to DMS," but as a business person, I need to plan if I am to continue with PageLines or plan for a different framework.

Part of my decision will be how helpful people are here actually answering important concerns. At least I think they are important. Don's attitude is one I don’t appreciate and it is one reason I am already looking for alternatives to PageLines. I hope someone else can be more helpful.

Just so you know, Don, "Lifetime" doesn't mean 18-20 anything. Not minutes, months, or years. I can read marketing-speak. PageLines should probably get real with its marketing speak so people like you don’t have to explain what Lifetime means to presumed idiots like me. "Happiness Guaranteed" . . . another ditty that should be rethought, especially when people like you represent.

We have no stated plans to deprecate Framework in the near or short term. You're under no obligation or deadline to move to DMS. Your Framework sites will work, continuously.  Any recent difficulties were related to the hacking we experienced, not to the new launch.

Lifetime, for the record, refers to the lifetime of the product. We won't be sitting here supporting Framework when you're 93 years old.  However, these products generally have about 18 to 20 months continued support after the next generation is launched.  You can guide yourself accordingly.

• Like 1