Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oschultz

DMS Pro continually resetting certain images to Pagelines default logo

oschultz

Each time I edit a page, DMS Pro is reverting my favicon, touch image, and admin login image back to the the Pagelines Logo default image. I have set them back to my custom images a half dozen times, and am now giving up for a few days.  See if anything improves.

Rob

THanks for your patience.  I'll report this as a bug.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

oschultz

It is also reverting my Navbar back to the default justify to the left.  I have it set to right.  Thanks.

oschultz

Is it possible to get an update on this bug.  I still cannot use my own image for my favicon, or touch image.  I would really like to get this fixed particularly so my own favicon shows in browsers on my tab and not the pagelines logo.  That is not very custom!  : )  thanks.

Don't know if this helps or not, but I have found that uploading an image directly for the favicon option does not work (although the picture will load), saving the image to the library and then choosing load from library option does not work (when yo go to the library and click on show, it will then not accept a click on the "use this file for option" button.  The button clicks, but nothing happens), also directly inputing the url for the image does not work.  In each instance, as soon as the site options page is refreshed the favicon, touch, and login page images all revert to the Pagelines logo default.

Danny

Hi,

Can you please disable any plugin you have active, as I unable to recreate this issue. DMS has been used for months by our beta team and not once has this kind of issue been reported to my knowledge.

Therefore, I am inclined to think that this is either caused by a plugin or your servers configuration.

Please search our forums, before posting!

oschultz

Thanks Danny.  That corrected the problem.  FYI - I deactivated viewer, TinyMCE Advanced, NextGEN Gallery, Akismet, and Accordy Slider.  Not sure which one was the problem.  If I figure it out I will post back.  Thanks for your help.

nfp1900

BTW I used the TinyMCE and it wiped my content on the homepage when deactivated. I haven't retested due to time but that could be the issue. 

oschultz

Well I guess I spoke to soon.  The images have reverted to the Pageline images again, although I was able to use the load from library option, set my images, and successfully save them.  However, once the page was reloaded, it reverted back.  I have now also disabled the remaining plugins: Accordians, and Pagelines.  All plugins are disabled and I am still getting the same bug.  What would be my next troubleshooting step Danny?  Thanks.

Rob

Either a plugin is the problem, or, you have some of those images hard coded into your site, someplace.

Reactivating one plugin at a time may help. I know NextGen is having major issues presently with all our products going back to PlatformPro and possibly earlier.

So if you reactivate a plugin and the problem comes back, that's the one we need to know about and you need to replace.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

oschultz

Can I get some direct help on this issue?  I have all plugins disabled.  I have looked around every option on both the Pagelines settings and Wordpress settings and cannot find anywhere where these images would be hardcoded, they are the default images.  On the Pagelines Site Options settings page I have tried to use the "Remove" option to remove the default Favicon, the default Login Page Image, and the default Mobile Touch Image.  After selecting the remove option for all three and reloading the page they go right back to the default Pagelines default images.  Those images are as follows:

http://www.ridgelinepro.com/wp-content/themes/dms/images/default-favicon.png

http://www.ridgelinepro.com/wp-content/themes/dms/images/default-login-image.png

http://www.ridgelinepro.com/wp-content/themes/dms/images/default-touch-icon.png

Interestingly, this bug is not effecting the Custom Logo Image or the Watermark Image.  Those are holding what I set.

Since all plugins have been deactivated, I assume that is not the problem.  Is there some type of reset I can do?  Should I try to reinstall wordpress?  Can I reset Pagelines?  Can I delete default images somehow?

Danny mentioned in an earlier post that if not a plugin, then perhaps it is a server settings.  Can someone speak to how I might try to figure out if it is a server setting?

I don't know what else to do.  Thanks for your help.  Can I request this be escalated?  When does this so called Pagelines Priority Support kick in?  LOL  So many questions.....

oschultz

Don't get me wrong.  I do like your Pagelines logo!  I would just like to use my own!   :D

Danny
Hi, If you want to remove the default SIte Images, you will need to upload your own images to replace them.

Please search our forums, before posting!

oschultz

Hey there Danny, yes, I have uploaded the images to replace the default images many times while trying to fix this issue.  The problem is that Pagelines will not keep them set as the image.  Pagelines keeps replacing the images I set with the default images listed above.  I have been using the "Site Options" page which has sections for replacing these images by either uploading them, or by using an image from one's own library.  I have tried both repeatedly for weeks with no luck.  Each and every time, when the page is reloaded, it erases my selected image from the option and replaces it once again with the default image.

oschultz

I finally gave up on having this fixed to work with the site options page settings.  I had to go into your theme and replace your default images with my images by renaming my images to match your default names and then replacing your default images through FTP.  The end result is what I wanted, but know that you do have some type of bug at work here causing errors on the site options page.  I am unable to use images either directly uploaded or selected from my media library for the three images listed above.