Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

triggerfish

Need an activation Key for DMS

triggerfish

Hello,

I have setup the new DMS on one of my websites,

But it asks for an activation key which I do not have.

I have a Plus Membership so I understand I then have the DMS Business (Pro) membership.

NearlyJen

Try going to Recent Orders in your account info, then click on the most recent order number - you should see a license key. 

Lapsed vagabond and reformed ne'er-do-well.

Nice to meet you. 

triggerfish

I don't see this anywhere, I am getting very frustrated

NearlyJen

1) http://www.pagelines.com/

2) Log In  - top right of screen. 

3) You should have a page in front of you at this point that says things like "My Subscriptions" and "Recent Orders"

4) In either one of these places, click on the order number. Left hand side. 

5) A new page comes up. It will say "License email" "License Key", "# activations remaining". 

6) Bingo. You have your key. 

I expect that you do not have a valid subscription if these steps do not put a key in front of you. 

Nice to meet you. 

triggerfish

No I never get that screen and the send a file button is not working here..so I can send you a screen shot.

When logged in it just shows the DMS screen..even though it says im logged in..or I can see my profile info..thats it.

triggerfish

That was I can't send you a screen shot...as this interface is giving me a fail everytime I try to upload a file.

NearlyJen

Are you getting the 'Dashboard, Profile, Collapse menu' options on the left? Sorry, trying to figure out what you're looking at...

Nice to meet you. 

triggerfish

Yes and it only shows me an empty dashboard and edit my profile info.

I have tried to upload images in 2 different browsers Error The server returned an error during upload

Your restrictions on uploads is so low you cant upload any image.

Do you have an email I can send the screen shots to?

NearlyJen

Ok, you went one click too far. 

From the page you are on:

1) click Pagelines in the top left corner. 

2) Black menu bar has Pagelines on the left and on the right has "DMS Tour, DMS Store, Docs, Login, etc"

3) On this line click the login button

4) You should now be able to follow the instructions I posted above. 

Good luck :)

Nice to meet you. 

triggerfish

It says I dont have any subscriptions so WTF is the $20 a month you keep taking from me for!

NearlyJen

Honey, I'm just a user like you and I don't work for Pagelines. Trying to help. So watch your f-ing mouth. 

You're welcome. 

Nice to meet you. 

triggerfish

Oh so sorry,

I assumed you were with PL and have been trying to get this sorted out for the last 5 days..so sorry again..and thank you for your help

(and still no excuse I know)

NearlyJen

Apology accepted. Best wishes.

Nice to meet you. 

triggerfish

On that note..any idea to get to accounts or tech support.

.I have tried twitter and Facebook and [email protected] but have gotten no responses back.

Thx

Rob

Hi,

I am a moderator, and will advise that [email protected] will reply in due course to both your email and your tweets.

In future, kindly watch the use of terms like WTF, whether you're talking to one of us or one of your fellow clients. It's not tolerated and will cause you nothing but problems getting support.

Thanks.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

triggerfish

I apologize but 5 days without a response,

to try and get an activation key...

considering I have been paying you every month for a year is not very considerate on your part.

bofficer

I'm in the same boat as triggerfish.  I need an Activation Key....

I purchased just before the switch to DMS.  I can login but cannot find anything about "My Subscriptions" and "Recent Orders".   My options are only:  

Hello, . From your account dashboard you can view your recent orders, manage your shipping and billing addresses and change your password.

My Karma Points You have 0 Karma Points     My Subscriptions You have no active subscriptions.

triggerfish

Apparently Pagelines is working on porting us over so we can get a key...still waitng

bofficer

Did they by any chance give a timeline?

triggerfish

Said it would be a few days...they gave me a temp activation key... but is doesn't work.

airmike

I have run into the same snag with the "activation key" requirement. I have downloaded the "free" version of DMS, but have thus far been unable to get the "Pro" version, which I paid for.I had been working with the Pro version of PageLines Framework, until the other day when I downloaded and activated the new version of DMS.

I am working on another way to possibly get the Pro version downloaded, however. When I log into the PageLines website, it offers me a button to "Download Latest DMS", which I have done successfully. The problem is when I try to install this version (hoping it will be the "Pro" version, the install of the theme "FAILS", with the only explanation that the "folder already exists" ... and I haven't been able to find that folder and delete it, so the newer version, (hopefully "Pro") can be installed. Have either of you tried this? Thanks for any other ideas or news :-) I still have not received a reply from PageLines support about how to get the "Pro" version installed.

triggerfish

They are working on the transfers of all the accounts from Pro to DMS, not sure when it will be ready.

I have a temp password form them..but DMS then wants an upgrade which will not work..and without it I have no real interface...so I guess I will wait or Give up?

airmike

Don't give up! You can still work with the "free" version of DMS and it will build a nice website. There are help videos coming up on YouTube covering some basics, including a decent one from PageLines (about 10 minutes, titled "DMS Getting Started" ... here's the link ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BracDuhEHls . I was able to download the "free" version of DMS then upload it to my WP site. When I "activated" the new DMS theme, it picked up most of what I had already done using the old Framework. It did take me two tries to get it to upload, but no "activation key" required for that. Good luck! Hang in there :-)

dcgadmin

I signed up and have no Key.

Order #14362 made on July 30, 2013. Order status: completed.

Please can someone assist me. It says i have a active service yet no activation key for 2 days. :<

bofficer

Downloading, installing, and building something with DMS hasn't been my issue.  I can't get any of the Pro features without the activation key.  Hopefully they'll have this resolved very soon.