Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JaffaDave

Flipper for DMS - Show by Category even possible?

JaffaDave

Hey all,

With the flipper drop in it allows you to select Post or Page simple enough, but is there any documentation to let me know how to select post type by category. If so would appreciate anyone guiding me in the right direction.

Thanks

JaffaDave

- OK so its easy enough after all, add a custom field to your post and use a value to filter in flipper.

jedbarish

How can I set up a specific thumbnail image size like 200x100 as featured image? I am using detube video theme. I can upload any image size then it crops out the image to a specific size. Right now with DMS, I could not find an option to set up the size itself.

JaffaDave

Hi,

i'm only new to DMS myself but I would say the easiest solution would to either create a class for it and set some custom CSS or set the default Wordpress thumbnail sizes under Settings|Media.

Rob

Yes, a custom size is done by CSS.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Jake

Hi JaffaDave,

The latest version of DMS (0.9.7) has updated functionality to populate the Flipper by category. Look for the new dropdown right under the Meta Key Value section http://d.pr/i/Zo9y

Hey all,

With the flipper drop in it allows you to select Post or Page simple enough, but is there any documentation to let me know how to select post type by category. If so would appreciate anyone guiding me in the right direction.

Thanks

Have you searched the forums yet or checked out the DMS user docs?

PageLines geek, blogging at MyUntangledLife.com

Rob

Flipper does work by category. Actually, by categories, to be specific.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

ketri

Hi JaffaDave,

The latest version of DMS (0.9.7) has updated functionality to populate the Flipper by category. Look for the new dropdown right under the Meta Key Value section http://d.pr/i/Zo9y

Hmm I cannot see this, I wonder why is that?

James B

Hi you need to make sure posts are selected first from the drop down at the top, then publish/refresh. Then you'll see a new option at the bottom of the panel for selecting the category.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B