Sign in to follow this  
Rayne

Upload of image fails on front-end

Rayne

I got DMS setup, went to upload a new logo in the Navbar customization, and it tells me 'Upload failed.'  I'm using Chrome (this works fine on another DMS site I'm setting up in the same browser, but on a different server).  Thing is, when I go into the Wordpress Media Library, the logo shows in the list of uploaded images.  So there's no issues with the upload itself.  It looks like I'm getting a server error when the image attempts to load via ajax into the thumbnail preview and into the layout itself.  Please Help!!!

Rob

Hi,

I don't know if you have any plugins installed, but you may simply have a plugin conflict causing a PHP warning.  If that happens, it will kill AJAX and thus your image preview, which you correctly surmised uses it.

Try deactivating plugins to see if the issue goes away.  If that doesn't work, we'll have to try something more drastic like enabling debug.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rayne

Yep, I deactivated all plugins.  I still get the error.  It looks like a 500 Internal Server Error with FineUploader.

Danny

HI,

I am unable to recreate your issue, image uploading works fine for me. Therefore, if you're receiving a Server Error, is it most likely your servers configuration. Enable PL debug mode and add the information to your reply so we can take a closer look.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Rayne

Ok, I think I locked on to the problem.  A direct link to the ajax call within the browser returns this: Upload Error: Unsupported file type!

I have been trying to upload PNG files.  I tried out a JPG and it works fine.  I'm going to have the hosting company update the image libraries on the server and see if that does the trick.  As for now, PNGs specifically are not uploading correctly.

Danny
OK, Ive just uploaded a .png file without any issue, therefore its as your suspected and is most likely related to your host.

Please search our forums, before posting!