Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lazlo

Fixed Nav Bar on iPhone

lazlo
Hi,
..put a fixed Nav bar in my first DMS based site - there is a difference between display on PC screen to mobile- for example take the following structure - 1 main page with 4 child pages:

Services
- service 1
- service 2
- service 3

On PC:
Can't click on Services but can click on fly out menu for services 1,2 and 3

On mobile:

Click on Menu, (screen slides to menu)
Only shows Services which CAN be clicked on, no sign of services 1-3

How should I make/configure menus for continuity across the board?

lazlo

Hi, Could really do with a response on this one pls..

lazlo

..am I missing something; so what's the point of using the fixed navbar then?

Rob

Hi,

It's probably some minor glitch, so please stay tuned and we'll likely push some update soon.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Dominic Church

From what I've experienced, the mobile menu is taking its cues from Global Options -> Layout & Nav -> Standard Navigation -> Select Primary Navigation Menu (even though you set the fixed nav bar under Global Options -> NavBar -> Fixed NavBar Menu). As long as both of those options have the same WP menu selected, then your mobile menu will echo your desktop menu.

I don't know if that's intended to be a feature (perhaps someone would want a simpler menu on smaller screens?), but I'd suggest that it should be made clearer to the DMS user so that they don't inadvertently have just their WP page structure show up on the mobile menu (that's what happens when you don't select a menu at all).

lazlo

Hi,

I have set the WP menu I created in the following places and the mobile menu still does not show child menu items:

Appearance>Menus>Theme Locations>Simple Nav Section
DMS>Global Options>layout & Nav>Standard Navigation
DMS>Global Options>Navbar>Fixed Navbar Menu

wyo22ski

I'm having the same problem with the Navbar.  Is there a DMS workaround or another NavBar component that will work like the old PageLines?  Is this really how DMS is supposed to roll?

Rob

I know it's not a PageLines product, but I use and highly recommend UberMenu available at www.codecanyon.net.  It's affordable, powerful and works brilliantly on DMS (they provide a section for DMS in their support forum).   It has tons of customization options and it looks fantastic.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur