Sign in to follow this  
torkos

RevSlider

torkos

Hello

Trying to get my plugin slider " Revolution Slider" into my header section. I have placed the rev slider onto the page and know I would like to display my slider elements. 

Can someone please advise what I'm missing? Do i need to include the Revolution Markup into the "slide extra elements? If so, what needs to be included to display my slider?

Hope someone can advise what I need to do.

P.S I did review the documents for the revolution slider.

Rob

I've just tested it, and cannot get the RevSlider into the Header area. I am sure there's a reason for this. Please try some alternatve in the meantime, until we can get further clarification of this matter early next week.

Thanks for your continued kind patience.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

torkos

Thank-you for the reply. I look forward to your findings.

2nd Question about the Header area....We have as well a 3rd party Slider plugin " LayerSlider WP"...and we would like to use this as well inside the header. My issues is we cannot get the sliders to display in a full-width without effecting the main body width.

Rob

Unfortunately, I couldn't possibly begin to support a third-party non-PageLines product.

If it uses a shortcode and can be structured as desired, you can add it via a sidebar or content box in the header.  What it does after that is up to the developer to support, as I'm sure you  understand.

torkos

Yes, I have tried to using the shortcodes into the textbox but it does not work with RevSlider or my plugin slider. As well, when I use Contact/PostLoop box it defaults into the body width. I cannot adjust  the width without affecting my main body width.

I noticed that your default sliders are full-width and users have control adjusting the width of the main body. But I cannot duplicate this using the RevSlider shortcode. 

Please advise.

• Like 1

Rob

Okay, I think I've found the problem. RevSlider doesn't quite work being added from the Visual Editor to the header area. 

However, all you need to do is go to Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop (as with Framework) and drag the RevSlider from Available to Active Sections. It auto-saves.  Then, when you go to your site using Visual Editor, you should see it there, and be able to edit.

torkos

Just a little confused. I"m currently using DMS. I currently on the PageLine Dashboard and i do not see the Drag & Drop option.

Rob

You're looking in the wrong place.

Once you're on the Dashboard (where you go once you log in to your site as Admin), click PageLines.  You'll see four menu options there. One of them is Drag & Drop. 

The navigation to that location is written as Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop.

torkos

I sorry but I do not understand what you want me to do... " 2nd group down"

1. I have login into the  http://launchpad.pagelines.com.   ok. No where do I "enable the v2 compatibility to access the framework-like interface?  Please note, I cannot login to my account using the framework interface.  I am able to login into my DMS and www.pageline.com login screen as well.

torkos

Hi, I did find and "enable the v2 compatibility option. As well, I did drag my available section - RevSlider; TextBox and Widgetizer into the Active Section in my header BUT i'm still not able to drag them into my header.

Please advise?