gladiador

Sticky Nav - how to do that in DMS?

gladiador

Hi guys,

is there a way to move or customize the sticky top navigation bar? I'd like to create one for instance at the bottom of a page. How do you do that in DMS? Should I know how to code to get that done?

James Giroux does a great job on that with his DMS themes.. 

Let me know..

Gladiador

Rob

Hi,

First, our docs are located at http://docs.pagelines.com

There are settings to control the NavBar in DMS, accessible via Chrome, when logged in as admin.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

gladiador

Yes I'm aware of that. Any specific part reffering to sticky nav and its customization?

On DMS installation itself there is only an option of enabling "Fixed Navigation" uploading a logo to it and choosing one of preinstalled styles. 

You can not change the hight, background color... Designing is not as easy without the coding knowledge.

Rob

I don't have an image uploaded, but was able to set the fixed menu without it, by checking the Fixed Nav option, and publishing.  Once published, to see the change, please Reload your site (right click in Windows and select "Reload). There is also a small icon next to "Publish" once you've published a change that will let you refresh, no matter which type of OS your machine uses.

gladiador

Hey Rob, tnx for trying to help. I know how to activate/deactivate the Fixed Navigation. It's not that difficult.

The question is how to change looks of it. The colors, hight, background.. Maybe even placement, like pinning it down to the bottom of a page.

I was hoping that could be doable within the DMS without getting into CSS customization outside of the admin console.

Rob

You can move the NavBar to the footer via the same method as Framework allowed, via Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop. But I don't believe you can fix it to the bottom. I never saw that done with Framework either.

I must apologize for my shortcomings here.  I'm just starting to use this product at the same time as everyone else.

As for color changes, that's still done with CSS, because NavBar is a complex set of code using gradients, etc.  It's impossible to set up options to change colors because of the millions of variables. CSS was the simplest, easiest solution.

batman

Hi gladiator

Please, you can try go to

Global Options > Enable v2 Compatibility Mode

You can see the image

Captura%2520de%2520pantalla%25202013-07-

Take care with the note:

PL has added some settings that may help you upgrade from Framework (v2). To use these, select them and then publish. 
Note that due to the substantial amount of changes in DMS, there may still be issues. These features will be removed with DMS v3.1.

You can see then

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

gladiador

Yes, tnx batman. I dont have V2 running anymore.. so need to install it back to the system. In DMS this kind of stuff is't impossible?

batman

Hi again

You can use this option with only DMS install (without the framework V2), 

Please go to

Global Option > Adavanced

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...