Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deepsouth

Space between fixed nav and page background

Deepsouth

When I was using the demo version I managed to find the right class to create a space between the fixed navbar and the page content background. I want a gap between the nav and page so I can see a slice of the background image.

But try as I might I can't find the right class again! I know I added a margin-top to something, but what!

thanks

Deepsouth

I can do it this way, but it seems very clunky.... I'm sure last time I just gave a single class a margin.

.page-wrap  {
    margin-top: 100px;
}

.section-hero-nav {
  margin-top: -100px;
}

Rob

You should not need to use CSS normally.  You should be able to use the dynamic resizing tools or settings via Chrome without custom CSS to remove padding and margins.  Are you checking the docs and following their guidance properly? http://docs.pagelines.com

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Deepsouth

OK, I should stop and read through the whole manual....

Rob

Well, it couldn't hurt, but you should at least read the bits related to what you're trying.  I'm pretty confident this will help you get things done right with minimal difficulty.  I edited those docs and still have to read them to make sure I understand what I'm doing in testing DMS for my own sites.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Deepsouth

Well, I've read the entire manual now and can't really see that there's any other way to achieve what I'm trying to do. If there is then perhaps some kind soul would give me a more specific link to a page in the manual?

thanks

radroz

Yep - same issue here. I checked the CSS and it shows a background-position: 50% 11px attribute. That 11px figure is throwing it off. And there's no way to set it in DMS that I can find.

Deepsouth

Yes, it's easy enough to handle when there's a not a fixed nav at the top, but otherwise my code (above) seems the best way (note that I'm using the Hero nav element).

R

gilbertorey

I just used the #fixed-top id and reduced it from 37px to 20px on the height. and it eliminated that problem for me. 

#fixed-top {height: 20px;}

Deepsouth

That's it ! Thanks for posting the answer :-)