Sign in to follow this  
wairoa

Linking a Feature Box Icon to a page

wairoa

I haven't been able to find a solution in this forum for this issue. I am using EcoProDev, version 1.3.5 (just downloaded a couple of days ago). I would like to hyperlink each of the three Feature Box icons to more information. However, it seems that Feature Box --> Add Icon URL entry field in the EcoPro Control panel only accepts the image URL, i.e. it does not accept link HTML like:

[/code]

Putting that in the Icon URL entry field breaks the HTML on the page. So, apart from hard-coding the fixed link in to the php template files, [b]is there any easy way for me to link from those Icons?[/b] I'm loving EcoPro too, great to work with so far. I'm getting a site ready at: http://test.travelscoop.co.nz/ Regards, Murray

wairoa

Duh! Forgot the back ticks... here again is the link code that breaks Icon URL etc: `Trick or treat?` Hope that worked. :)

catrina

To clarify: you would like to be able to make the icon a link with an alt tag that works for each icon?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

wairoa

Yes Catrina, that is what I would like to do. Any tips? Thanks.

catrina

Hello, The way the icon is implemented is not the standard way an image is added. The code right now looks like this: `

` The icon shows up as a result of a background-image tag rather than an tag that is usually used, which prevents an alt tag from working. The best solution would be to change it to an tag so that the alt works.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

wairoa

Ah. Thank you Catrina, that certainly makes sense. I understand better now, and will try to solve it out another way. Thanks again.