Sign in to follow this  
mkassowitz

Plugin Conflict

mkassowitz

I installed DMS on a clone of an existing site I want to redesign. When I went to view the front end, I got a completely unformatted site. I tested on a pristine new install and it worked perfectly. So I started digging into plugins one at a time and found the culprit: 404 Redirected. This plugin is something I would never have suspected as it allows for manual redirect of selected 404s. Turned it off and DMS came right and said Howdy! Thought this might be useful. I saw that there were other people commenting on the blog that DMS was coming up unformatted. 

Rob

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about this.

The lack of formatting seems to be coming from the way it's installed.  A link to a mis-named download file in our new docs is installing DMS to the wrong location.  Properly renamed prior to installation, or downloading from the site's homepage will result in a proper installation and no CSS conflicts.  The erroneous install comes from a minor disconnect with the CSS files. It is corrected with the reinstallation in the proper directory (wp-content/themes/dms).

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur