Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

freyder

load images from Gallery or Media?

freyder

I have large galleries of jpg/png on the server and would like the option to load from one of those yet it appears that DMS only allows you to upload from the machine running the browser.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Rob.

==

Rob Freyder

Rob

Hi Rob,

All the normal image uploading features of WordPress' Media Library work perfectly DMS.  Could you explain a bit more? Are you trying to add a new image to a post or trying to include some image in settings?

I'll do my best to guide you. Have you seen our new Docs? http://docs.pagelines.com

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

gladiador

I guess you want to browse your wordpress media gallery and use the images stored in there within sections like "Pop Thums" etc. That's probably impossibly at the moment. May come with the new version..?

It's not an optimal way, but use can use paste the direct links to images..

freyder

Hi Rob,

my apologies for being so vague with my question.

To answer your question, Yes, I'm trying to include an image in the settings of a section.

Specifically, The sections Quickslider, Highlight, Hero, Revslider and Navbar only allow you to upload an image. (there may be others)

I would like the option to choose an image from a gallery/media directory that I already have loaded on the WordPress server.

Thanks,

Rob.

freyder

They are adding a "add from library" button in the next update.

Thank you.  I'll just mount those directories as a samba share in the mean time.

dhrose

So all galleries, sliders, etc. cannot be recreated with DMS currently? I hate to cut in here, but I'm trying to test DMS and I can't even get the image to upload with "add media" section? Keeps saving and saving etc.

Rob

That could come from a bad installation.  I'm unsure why its happening to your site.  We're working through all these issues and I'd not be surprised if an updated version comes out sooner than later.  I know they're working to fix everything as quickly as possible.

yemoonyah

just copy & paste the image url into the upload window (where you would usually see the url appear after you uploaded an image.) 

Rob

That should work. Thanks Yemoonyah!

glennyboy

This is a glaring omission and something any other theme would incorporate - indeed Pagelines Framework. I'm extremely surprised and disappointed  Pagelines have not included this on launch. Plesae get this update added in asap.

thebastion

Yes it is very annoying having to constantly add images that you know are in the Library yes you can add via url sometimes.

I used Nick Haskins "Projects" the other day and the way you had to add images to the gallery was amazingly convoluted, if you got anything wrong you had to start all over again after deleting the files you had just uploaded if you didnt want to end up with loads of duplicates in your library.

You couldnt even use the url option....

Rob

Lets not mix apples and oranges here.  Nick's product is not DMS. It's a section for DMS.  So, what his products do and what DMS does may be and should be unrelated.

Since this topic is answered and it seems to be turning into yet another complaint posting, I'm closing and locking. Again, this is a TECHNICAL SUPPORT FORUM.  Not a complaint desk.