Sign in to follow this  
bloggingbubba

Thumbs on Post Excerpts

bloggingbubba

I'm a learning as I go along with this and I'm using iBlog Pro. I haven't been able to figure out how I can make the picture in my post show up as a thumbnail. I have the thumbnail setting in the Page/Post options set to ONLY ON BLOG PAGES AND POSTS. I have the excerpt placement setting set to the same, and the full content setting is SINGLE PAGE only. Nothing happens and no thumb is present. Am I doing something incorrectly? Is there a size limit to the file being used in order for it to show correctly? I would like to have it look like this... http://buecherjunkies.de/category/news/ Thanks in Advance!

catrina

It appears to be working. The thumbnail and excerpt is present in the post and the blog page and the full content only appears on a single page. This is what I see when I go to your link: screenshot20101008at956.png Is this not what you see?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

bloggingbubba

Sorry, perhaps there was some confusion with my first post. The link I provided is not my site. I only put it there as an example of what I would like to have on my own site. The site in the link provided is using the exact same theme as I am. I would like to have the thumb present on excerpts, but I haven't been able to figure out how to get them there. My own site is at www.bloggingbubba.com. Like I already mentioned before, I'm learning as I go along here. Thanks.

cmunns

Are you using the "Featured Image" area when you create posts? This is on the right side underneath the publish button etc. and is where thumbnails are grabbed from.

bloggingbubba

Perfect! It worked. Thanks. Will you tell me how to add a Read More... script at the end of an excerpt on the main blog page?

catrina

Hello, To add the Read More, please do the following: 1) In your Dashboard, go to Appearance > Editor and click on the _posts.php file link on the right side. 2) In the file, find this DIV layer:

<div class="post-excerpt">
	<?php the_excerpt(); ?>
	</div>
3) Directly after
<?php the_excerpt(); ?>
, paste the following code: `
Read More
` 4) Now go to Theme Options > Custom Code and in the CSS Rules box, paste the following:
h6 {margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: 10px;}

(This will align the link so that there is equally-distributed space on the top and the bottom) Save the options, refresh your site, and it should be working.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

bloggingbubba

Wonderful. It worked. Thanks a million.