Sign in to follow this  
psiencesociety

Upgrading Platform Pro to Framework

psiencesociety

I cannot seem to find documentation on how to do this. The following post:

http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic/15723-how-to-migrate-from-platformpro-to-pagelines-framework/

the links with instruction are kicking back a 404.

I know this is last min to DMS release. But I have purchased the framwork upgrade and need to impliment it. Its a bit strange that this does not come (the download after purchase) with install instruction. Please assist.,

greenfly

Hello psiencesociety

The post you linked to was from 2011. we have rewritten much of the documentation since then as Platform Pro is no longer supported. However a new guide was written explaining how to go about this: http://support.pagelines.me/docs/getting-started/migrate-from-platform-to-framework/

Please check out http://support.pagelines.me/docs/ for any documentation you require for the Framework 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

psiencesociety

Thank you....I did manage to upgrade, but have one issue (do I need to open a new thread?) In Platform under "design control" you can upload an image for the background which shows in empathicguide.com. But after upgrade it vanished on empathicguide.net

I set the background image in framwork under color control/background image but still no show. I have the same design layout and am a bit of a loss on where I am going wrong.

Thank you

Sorry./....I figured this one out. THank you

greenfly

So you have figured out the image one too? 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

psiencesociety
I did figure out the background image yes, thank you.

Although I will eventually open a new thread as I now struggled a couple hours on the format/alignment issue on my homepage :(

After the upgrade my four buttons mis-aligned and I have been unable to fix it.but I will open another thread to keep in line with the rules. (After making a few more attempts)

I upgraded to framework to be able to then upgrade to the new DMS on the 24th. In which I do hope that the wys-wig style arrangement will be a lot easier than this "word-style" restriction.

Rob

Since you're going to migrate to DMS and everything is now in Framework, it might just be fixable in DMS, easier than fixing in Framework then hoping it ports perfectly to DMS.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur