Sign in to follow this  
chan08

Blog Posts: One Post - Two Blogs

chan08

Blog Posts: One Post - Two Blogs

Is this possible?  I love the way Latest Blog Entries works with displaying recent posts and would like to utilize that if I could...

Otherwise, how can I post to one blog and have it appear on another blog as well?  I have looked into RSS feeds and whatnot but would like something to be more like an original blog post...

Anyone ever tried this?

greenfly

Hello Chan08 

I haven't tried this although i found this after a bit of googling  - http://wordpress.org/support/topic/one-post-two-blogs 

There are a couple of solutions on that support article but the plugins have not been updated in over 2 years and requires multisite. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

chan08

I too have used the ever so helpful Google before I posted here...  I saw that but wanted to tailor my question to the Pagelines community.

Rob

If you're trying to create a second blog page within the same website, you can use a plugin like Special Recent Posts or AnyLoop (our store) to display a list of posts. Unfortunately they may not necessarily paginate post lists.

If you're posting the second blog list on another site, then yes, you'd need an RSS reader, or, you can import the RSS feed using a tool provided via Dashboard > Tools > Import.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur