Sign in to follow this  

fixed nav

hi, i change the color of the fixed navbar with this css but i doesn't affect explorer and chrome. It only work on firefox. i use this code to have a solid gray navbar. i need help to make this code work on every browser. Thanks

here is my css code:

.navbar.pl-color-blue .navline > li > a {
    color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.0);
    text-shadow: 0 0px 0 #FFFFFF;

.navbar.pl-color-blue {
background-color: rgba(112, 115, 120);
background-image: -moz-linear-gradient(center top , rgba(112, 115, 120), rgba(112, 115, 120));
background-repeat: repeat-x;
border-top-color: rgba(112, 115, 120);
border-top-style: solid;
border-top-width: 1px;

Thanks a lot!

Hello Megmedia

Different browsers handle CSS differently so what works in one may not work in another..

Luckily there is a solution - The Browser Specific CSS plugin - http://www.pagelines.com/store/plugins/browser-css/ 

This is a free plugin available in the Pagelines Store and is very straight forward to use. This browser specific css plugin will add a custom body tag depending on what browser/device is viewing the page. This allows you to style your website for specific browsers or devices.

Note: This plugin does NOT add css and fix pages for specific browsers, it only adds body classes to help you.

There is a guide here http://support.pagelines.me/docs/plugins/browser-specific-css/ 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

Martin is correct, but you can also inspect the site using Chrome's Inspection Tools or even those included in IE and Safari.  On Windows based machines, usually these are activated with the F12 key (they can take a moment or two to load).   Any browser specific CSS already built into our code for that browser will display under the same element.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur