flekvtah

Wrong Carousels Displaying

flekvtah

Hi, I am using pagelines for a clients site – we also use wp-client.

After doing a lot of updates I realized the carousels were not working correctly.

Originally, the hub and portal pages (wp-client) had specific templates that were added to the drag and drop area of pagelines. 

So as a fix/experiment I assigned one of the standard page line templates (template 5) to those pages.

However, all the pages are displaying the same generic carousel – even though the correct carousel number is listed.

I am at a loss as to what to do next.

Any help would be great.

I don't think you can see the problem unless you are logged in.

James B

Hi there,

Do you have anything set in the sitewide defaults for the carousel. In Pagelines>page options>site wide defaults that could be overriding the two templates?

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

flekvtah

Hi, I had my fingers crossed that I did. 

But no, nothing is set up there.

I do feel like my choices are being over-ridden somewhere.

I am also taking with WP-Client to see if it is something on that end.

SOmething got a little scrambled when I did all those updates.

Any other thoughts?

greenfly

I have logged on and checked this out and in the Site-wide default settings you had Displayed carousel items set and total carousel items as well as 'select category for carousel' set to *Show All* 

change the show all and then set the gallery ID on the individual pages. 

i removed all settings for you except for the Category drop down. Just set the Gallery ID on the relevant pages and it should work. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

flekvtah

Just went in and looked.

The carousel that is displaying on Manu's page is not gallery 91.

I tried a different carousel # and it didn't change anything.

Any other ideas?

greenfly

it is currently showing all images from all category's - try changing that setting

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

flekvtah

I want to make sure we are both on the same page. I am not using posts to display but nex gen galleries. If it was showing all those images there would be thousands. Is that the problem? That it isn't looking to the galleries? 

greenfly

can you give us a link to manu's page (cant see it in the pages list)  if you want to hide the URl use a masking service like  https://bitly.com/