Sign in to follow this  
securesolutions

Menu not working

securesolutions

Hi, I recently started building a site and all of a sudden, none of my my menu items are working - they are all going to error pages. i recently changed the url format, and thought that might be the issue. tried removing one page from the menu and re-adding it, but that doesnt seem to have helped...

any help would be very appreciated.

thanks!

ashley

James B

Hi there,

Have you changed your permalink setup at all? Go to settings>permalinks and re-save your options to make sure it's set. Make sure all the pages are set to published as well, none as drafts or pending.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

securesolutions

Hi James,

Thanks for the reply. I just re-saved it. and all pages are published, but still going to 404. It is saved as http://dev.securesolutions.ca/%postname%/

thanks,

ashley

Rob

Ashley,

Are you using WordPress on a windows base machine?  Do you have Microsoft IIS 7+ web server with the URL Rewrite 1.1+ module and PHP 5 running as FastCGI?  If not your permalinks will not work.  Mod_rewrite must also be enabled.

Please see: http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Permalinks for more info.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

securesolutions

hi,

I am using a mac. Is there anyhing that i can do to get everything working again?

thanks

ashley

greenfly

Securesolutions - try changing permalinks again (but this time change to another setup) - again, save it and then change it back and then finally save it once again. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

securesolutions

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your help!

That unfortunately didnt work, but i did realize that all of the default options work, just the custom one doesn't... or at least the way i set it up.

What would be the correct format to have it be the page name?

thanks

ashley

greenfly

Try /sample-post/ 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

securesolutions

unfortunately not:(

greenfly

At the top of the permalinks page in your wordpress admin there is a link to the correct tags. Here is the link http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Permalinks