Sign in to follow this  
suecockburn

Removing 'Pagelines' from saved Media File Names

suecockburn

When adding images to the Media Library 'Pagelines' seems to be added automatically to the saved name. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? I don't want file names to include 'Pagelines' in their saved names. It seems to occur with many images but not all.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Sue

Rob

Hi Sue,

This only happens with the images that are uploaded via the PageLines settings, such as a background, and branding logo, etc. It doesn't happen with images added to posts or pages.  It shouldn't really be 'many' images, but only a very few.

I don't know of any way to change it, as the system uses that to identify the image as being for special purposes.

Is this causing a problem?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

suecockburn

Thanks Rob! It's not so much a problem as I don't think it is necessary and I'd prefer not to have them labelled this way. I find I'm having to go in and rename files and this is time consuming. I'm wondering if it's helpful for Pagelines on the search engine side (juice) as it doesn't make sense to me. I may be missing some point to the exercise. This is not an issue with some of the other themes I use for clients. PageLines is one of my favourites, if not my favourite, and I find this a bit annoying. Just saying :-)

Rob

Sue, we certainly don't do things to annoy.  I promise you that.

I believe the reason for it has something to do with the system finding and distinguishing specific image files used for backgrounds, etc.  As I mentioned, it really only happens with images uploaded via the PageLines settings.  That may include Features, or anything set via the PageLines Meta Settings.  But i know it doesn't happen if you upload slides via Dashboard > Features > Add New.

With DMS coming out in just three days, our developers are so busy, I dare not ask them now, but promise to send them a request to see if this is changeable. I just think it's important for PageLines.  Further, I believe search engines only see the actual file name, not the masked one that PL uses.  I've found my own logo on Google's image search, and it was the original file name, though in Media Library I see the prefix.  Doesn't seem to be anything to worry about.

• Like 1

suecockburn

Thanks for your quick and gracious response Rob. Appreciated. Sue :D

Rob

Anytime Sue!