fabhousewife

How to center classic navigation and delete the search bar

fabhousewife    0
fabhousewife

[attachment=1256:Screen shot 2013-07-18 at 12.48.02 AM.png]I am trying to configure my classic navigation bar to eliminate the search bar. I've already unchecked the box under headers and footers, but because I've entered custom code to also center the navigation bar (found on another thread here), it appears to have overridden the original setting. Here is the code I have entered in the custom code area labeled CSS/LESS:

#site .navigation_wrap .main_nav { margin-right: 0; }#site .main_nav ul { text-align: center; float: none; }#site .main_nav ul > li { float: none; display: inline-block; }

Is there any way to keep the classic navigation centered while also eliminating the search box?

My website url is: www.hawlieohe.com

I have also attached a jpg here showing what it looks like now. Thank you in advance for your help!

Hawlie

greenfly    230
greenfly

Hello Fabhousewife

Please can you give this a try 

.navigation_wrap .searchform {
  bottom:2px;
  display:none;
  position:absolute;
  right:3px;
}

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

Rob    547
Rob

Hawlie,

If you go to Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Header And Footer, you should deactivate the searchbar in Nav Classic from the settings, not from code.

Centering the menu does require custom code which you can test with Firebug or Chrome's Inspection Tools.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

fabhousewife    0
fabhousewife

Hello Fabhousewife

Please can you give this a try 

.navigation_wrap .searchform {
  bottom:2px;
  display:none;
  position:absolute;
  right:3px;
}

Martin,

Thanks so much for your quick reply! Your code did the trick, and I'm now good to go. Thank you, thank you!!

greenfly    230
greenfly

Hello Fabhousewife. 

Rob is correct, the way to do this is via the options rather than via code. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"