kirkpatrick

UberMenu Won't Appear In Primary Website Navigation

kirkpatrick    0
kirkpatrick

Hello, 

I am unable to get the UberMenu plugin to display in the Primary Website Navigation of my site.

I have integrated UberMenu successfully with other projects, but this is the first time I am unable to get the menu to appear on the primary navigation of an iBlogPro5 theme. The menu will appear in the footer when I choose the Simple Nav option, but that's not where I need/want it to appear. I am leaving the Simple Nav option checked, so you can see how it appears on the website: www.farms.uy

I've already contacted the plugin developer who sent me a link to an unrelated UberMenu here on the Pagelines forum. He also said, "I'm not familiar enough with the Pagelines-specific terminology to understand exactly what is going on." He then offered to "write up some integration instructions specific to the theme."

I'm wondering if I need to deactivate any of the navigation options under the Core Framework menu. If so, which ones? Any advice or recommendations that Pagelines could offer to me or the developer offering to write up some integration instructions would be appreciated. 

Thank you, 

Patrick 

URL: farms.uy

WordPress Version: 3.5.2

Theme: iBlogPro5 with 8 widgets

James B    436
James B

Hi there,

I'm not sure to be honest, there's another moderator who's user ubermenu before so I'll check with him and see if he has any further advice. I would say try putting in the nav classic instead of the navbar in the drag and drop. Navbar has it's own menu selection from the dropdown in Pagelines>site options>navbar, which could be conflicting. Nav classic uses the primary menu.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• bnapoli
      By bnapoli+
      http://731.34b.myftpupload.com/ this website is using the NavPro navigation in Platform 5. It has a lot of menu items, so it breaks to two lines when the window is sized down. What is the media query to make the navigation either a) switch to "mobile mode" at a higher width, or b ) expand the nav into two lines. Thanks
    • nadielp
      By nadielp+
      Hi Everyone,
      I am trying to get a single navigation item to center. I am using a scroll menu in the navigation component of Impulse. I would like to have the item in the center of the page but it defaults right. I tried setting the item to center a few different ways and nothing is working. I added {
        display: inline-block;
        position: relative;
        text-align: center;
      }
      but that didn't work...any help would be appreciated. Site is at http://vetpaw.org/new

Thanks!
      Daniel
    • SaschaM
      By SaschaM+
      hi
      i wanted to point out at this time, that i am very very very happy with platform 5. (before i used DMS and others) as some ppl talking here some things are not working, i can say the opposite working on my Web:
      1. UberMenu
      is running fine, without shortcodes or "tricks" necessary - it runs out of the box with no problems in a few clicks configured. also further ubermenu plugins 100%
      2. Shift Nav
      As a further extension of UberMenu - also runs fine out of the box with a few clicks. also combine with ubermenu no problem (Ubermenu for normal nav, shift nav for mobile)
      3. https / SSL

I user commodo instant ssl and everything runs fine (10 minutes installation) - no mixed content errors nothing everything very smooth :-). Google SERPS have been updated to https URLS wihtin 1 day(!)
      4. MaxCDN
      I use MaxCDN for sitespeed as i implemented also video backgrounds. it runs perfect with wp supercache
      5. Nginx
      I also run nginx on my webspace, also with that there a no problems with platform 5. I also use nginx streaming for video files, works perfect.
      For all points there a no functions codes necessary or implement shortcodes - it runs out of the box and makes it easy for everybody, whos a little firm in technical matters. Some guys here in the forum make it really complicated :-)
      I am working with pagelines around 5 years now, and platform 5 / framework 5 is the best tool ever
      BUT i am missing to configure site headlines h1-hx as in DMS possible easy way. It was a great way to make seo sitestructure. now there are lots of empty headlines or headlines or jumped over. in seo this causes errors in sites structure. this should be reworked.
      if you have any questions on pl5 with 1.-5. just ask me here....
      regs, 
      Sascha Mühlen

• yemoonyah
      By yemoonyah+
      I just installed and added the Flipper section to my home page and it makes my navigation/menu bar items disappear.
      They do show up again when scrolling down and everything seems normal on the other pages.
      http://yemoonyah.com
      Thanks.

• Houston Haynes
      By Houston Haynes+
      I'm still "piercing the veil" of platform 5, with page navigation the current subject of interest. I worked with a few plugins (the most useful being Next Page Not Next Post) but I wanted to take a step back and start with an example - and see if I could get a bit of help "inside the beltway". 
      What I'm looking to do is substantially similar to the pagelines docs pages - see my annotated screenshots attached. At the top of a "child" page I want a link back to the "parent" page - and at the bottom of that "child" page I want to place a similar link to the "grandchild" page. At the bottom of each grandchild page I want there to be navigation "buttons" to sibling pages in the hierarchy. 
      "Next Page Not Next Post" handles what I'm expecting for "sibling" navigation, but I'm having a bit of trouble getting over the logistical hump of applying that functionality to my page "Template C" instance only. And per the attached examples, while researching how to solve this problem I see on the Pagelines site *itself* that the navigation elements are in place - and I especially like the oval button formatting of the sibling page navigation.
      So - really, my question is two-part:
      Are there plugins/code snippets/tutorials/threads here that show how Pagelines achieved their page hierarchy nagivation, and  Is there a tutorial (or advice from generous contributors here) on how to use the PHP templates to override the content portion of the page to add the navigation elements? Thanks in advance!