Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Where are the sections php files?

3 posts in this topic

Dear Pagelines team, I am trying to change info in post metabars on the Filtering section post loop page. I can determine the metabar contents in the global settings (Site Options - Blog and Post - Full Width Post Meta/Clip Metabar). But Filtering section apparently overrides the global settings - it only allows Date and Author or nothing in the metabar. I'd like to look at the section's function.php - if it has such - to see if something can be done about this. But I can't find them. I can find php files for the theme and for the plugins, but not for sections. Where should I look? Thank you for your help - and patience. I am still finding my feet in the land of code. Yours faithfully, Jan.

caspersjan, the core code can be found in wp-content>themes>pagelines>sections from there choose your section and you'll see the functions.php file.

However, if you are using the child theme (best option), you'll want to add your changes to the child theme's function.php file to protect against upgrades.

caspersjan, Hi. 

If you FTP into your site, you'll find at wp-content/themes/pagelines/sections, all the core sections.

Download the section folder you want to modify.   Open the folder and edit section.php.

Install the Base Theme via our Store.  Then, navigate via FTP to wp-content/themes/pagelines-template-theme/sections  and upload the folder.

Browse to Dashboard > Appearance > Themes and activate the Base Theme.  You may have to go to Appearance > Menus and select the Theme Location again for your primary and other menus.

That should help you.  There is no functions.php file for each section.  If you want to edit functions.php, you can either use the functions.php in the Base Theme or install and use the functions.php in the PageLines Customize plugin.  You can find more about this here:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Can't download / add sections
      By lucact+
      I can't download sections. I don't find the "Plagelines Connect" plugin so I don't know how to get any extra section/addon.
      Please, help.
    • Disapering sections
      By pehja+
      Just to let you know that once again a sections content are gone after a minor change in the theme. I have told you this before and this is just to let you know that there is a problem with DMS and sections. Any section!
      Regards Peter 
    • Filtering Plugin Not Working in Newest Versions Wordpress or DMS?
      By Josiah Jones
      I'm currently using the Filtering plugin on a website that is not yet live ( - currently hidden by a "Coming Soon" plugin) however after updating to the most recent version of Wordpress and DMS the Filtering plugin has stopped working and is causing DMS to display the never ending load icon.
      Inspecting the code for errors I see the following problems:
      .jquery.isotope.min.js?ver=1.7.4:11 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'opera' of undefined(anonymous function)@jquery.isotope.min.js?ver=1.7.4:11(anonymous function)@jquery.isotope.min.js?ver=1.7.4:11 (index):66 Uncaught TypeError: mycontainer.isotope is not a function(anonymous function)@(index)
        Can you please check if everything is working properly and provide an update if necessary? The filtering function is a crucial part of my web design and we cannot go live without it!
      Please let me know what you find.
      - Josiah 
    • $this->opts for another post?
      By achim
      Dear all,
      I'm developing sections with dms. Is there an option to read $this->opt() from another post?
      Let's say I use post 456 to manage some data. Now I'm in post 123 and only want to show a certain teaser according to some settings in post 456.
      Would there be something like
      $other_post_data = $his->get_section_opts_by_post_id(456);or would I need to get this myself from the posts wp_options?
      As far as I know there's not much documentation about how Pagelines DMS stores data in wp_options so it might get a little tricky finding how handle those.
    • $this->opt not available
      By achim
      Dear all,
      I'm developing pagelines dms sections. Not sure but I have a feeling that 
      $this->opt('myoption')is only available in the function scope of section_template
      I tried to use it in section_persistent but could not access the data (while I could from section_template).
      When is section_persistent called? Before the data is read?
      Is there a better way of calling a function (to make up data e.g.) before running into section_template? I'd love to have as less logic as possible in section_template.
      Thanks in advance!