Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Customizing Home Page with Pagelines Platform

4 posts in this topic

I am running my Word Press blog with Pagelines Platform Free Version and have encountered some difficulties in customizing my home page and the search results page.

By default, Platform shows 30 most recent posts in the first page of the home page and 30 search results as well in the first page of search results.

However, the page is too long and I would like to cut the page to only showing 10 results / posts per page.

There isn't a home.php for me to edit and I have found postloop.php but no luck.

Does anyone knows how to customize the home page and search results page?

Thanks in advance.

If you go to Dashboard > Settings > Reading, you can set the number of posts there.

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply.

That's possible according to another thread:

But what I wish to know is that can I hard code it in my child theme?

The structure of Pagelines themes are a bit different since it is a framework and I wish to know how I can modify the homepage by adding in my code.

Specifically, which file in Pagelines / Platform controls the home page elements?

Thanks a lot again for all the help given.

Unfortunately, that's a customization we couldn't support.  It means editing core files which isn't a supported activity.  Your site uses the WP settings, as it's supposed to do.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Documentation Feedback
      By Danny
      Hello, fellow beta testers.
      We are currently in the process of writing up the documentation for Platform 5 and are looking for feedback to make sure we are headed in the right direction. We currently have all sections and extensions documented. Therefore, please review what we have so far and leave any feedback such as:
      Grammar mistakes we may have missed? Which articles concern you? Do any require more content/images etc...? What do we need to cover to be ready for Platform launch (see the list of upcoming docs below, before posting)? Do you like the format/style or should there be changes? Upcoming docs to written:
      Shortcodes Adding custom fonts Adding custom scripts Adding custom CSS/LESS Creating a child theme Guide to adding custom classes to sections To provide feedback, simply reply to this topic or email me directly - We would prefer feedback to this topic.
      You can locate the documentation using the link - 
    • New Extension - Splash Up, a Landing Section
      By Andrew
      Check it out, pretty cool section if i say so indeed. 

• Search facility in Multimenu
      By MissT+
      Hi there,
      Just wondering if there is a reason why there is no search option within Multimenu as there is with Navi - would be good if it did have it and it worked in a similar way and you could switch it off when you need to.
      Many thanks.
    • How to Check/Repair Site Search Field
      By bartoncollege
      I have a site using Platform Pro 1.5.3 on WP 4.1.  After restoring the site following a hack and after upgrading to WP 4.1 and adding the Sucuri security plugin, I learned that the site search feature was no longer working.  After typing a search term and hitting Return, a completely blank page appears with the URL as "http://[sitename.tld]/?s=[search term]&submit.x=0&submit.y=0".  I'm not sure if it's an incompatibility with WP 4.1 or if it's the result of telling the Sucuri plugin to restore modified files.
      Would someone offer tips on what to check or repair?  Thanks.
    • Search throws deprecated and database error messages
      By balfred1345
      I updated to latest DMS yesterday, and am on WP 4.0.1.
      I'm testing a site prior to launch, and when I attempted to search the site I got this message:
      Notice: like_escape is deprecated since version 4.0! Use wpdb::esc_like() instead. in /home/videoh6/public_html/ on line 3201
      WordPress database error: [Subquery returns more than 1 row]
      SELECT post_id from wpCiDev1_postmeta where meta_key = 'pl-settings' and meta_value LIKE concat( '%', ( SELECT uid FROM wpCiDev1_pl_data_sections WHERE live LIKE '%frames%' order by id DESC ), '%')
      This happens with all plugins off except for PL plugins.
      Could you please tell me what I need to do to fix the search functionality?
      Here's the URL to the site: