Sign in to follow this  
ronaldmeaux

Icons on Header

ronaldmeaux

Two part Topic: 1) I want to add a Calendar icon on the header - to the left of the optional social media icons. That icon will link to a "Schedule Appointment Now" page on my site. Any suggestions? 2) I need a hover explanation of the existing icons. Hover on the envelope and it should say "Contact Us" or "Email" or whatever it does. Thanks. Ron

bryan-hadaway

Hmm, let's get a link and have a closer look. Thanks, Bryan

catrina

1) That is possible. Do you have a calendar icon in mind? (My two cents: it'd be best if it has the same dimensions as the social icons) 2) What do you think of this?: http://lixlpixel.org/css_tooltip/ (Mouse over the links to check out what the explanations look like)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

karengrovesdesignnet

I was able to add a Yelp icon to my header on My Site Here's what I did. I created an icon and placed it inside the 'images/iphone' folder. Next I added this code to the bottom of the _iconlinks.php file, which you can find in the library folder. This editor doesn't like my code today, so here it is as an image file. my-code.jpg I inserted this code right before the closing <div> in that file. Looking forward to seeing an answer to part 2 of your question.

cmunns

Usually the alt description is what is used as the tooltip

ronaldmeauxmecom

Adam - Where do I put the "alt description" you referenced for tool tips? Catrina - I have several calendar icons but I don't understand the link you sent. Where would I put that code? Karen - You seem to have done exactly what I want to do. Did you put that code in the editor or in the custom code section? I'm not a coder so I'm a little wary of messing around in the editor. Doesn't that code go away on future upgrades? Thanks everyone for the assistance.

karengrovesdesignnet

Hi Ronald - You should be able to edit this in the editor: Appearance/Editor/_iconlinks.php I don't know the answer to the upgrade question. It would only go away because of the file being copied over with the new version. Personally, I edit the PHP on my local machine and then upload the revised file via FTP. This means I always have a local copy. Karen