Sign in to follow this  
seedcode

Contact Form 7 compatibility?

seedcode

Hi,

I'd see Contact Form 7 recommended as a good custom form for PageLines and it is quite nice (would have used Poppy but wanted a persistent form vs a popup).

However after installing, it seems to have knocked "Boxes" out of the left hand admin menu. The boxes are still there, and links like this still get them: /wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=boxes

Has anyone seen this / know of a fix?

(Was asked for link to non-admin pages, so here is a sample page with boxes being used as screenshots: http://205.186.131.92/gomaps/ Contact Form 7 currently disabled).

John

•  

Rob

Hi John,

Where were you placing the form? On that same page? if so, was it in a box or near them?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

seedcode

The form was within a box on a page, but the issue isn't that boxes stopped working. They continued to render just fine on the site. The issue was that when we enabled the plugin we lost "Boxes" as an option in the WordPress left hand admin menu (screenshot).

Have you seen this before?

Rob

I have not seen that behavior before. Of course I will alert our developers.

Meanwhile, if the method of using the contact form is to add a shortcode, I'll recommend replacing the boxes with a universal or full-width sidebar.  Within it, add a grid system, as found at http://demo.pagelines.me/tools.   In the lower right grid, paste your shortcode for the form.  I know this works as I've done it before. That should not affect boxes at all.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

seedcode

Thanks. Nice tip for adding the sidebar.