Sign in to follow this  
clearpathnet

Sidebar widget question

clearpathnet

Hey Guys,

Quick sidebar customization question. I’m looking to put links to heavily viewed pages in the primary sidebar. I need a widget that allows me to type in text, insert a graphic, and provide a link. Much like the “Boxes” section in pagelines, but to be displayed vertically and within the sidebar.

Something like the “Get a Quote” and “What customers are saying” sidebar elements on this page:

http://www.aerohive.com/solutions/solutions-industry/education

Anyone have suggestions on how I can accomplish this?

Thanks

James B

Hi there

You can do this using a blank text widget and inserting html code for the text, image and link. If you're not used to html you can write the text, insert the image and link in a wordpress post, switch to text view, copy the code and paste it directly into the widget :-)

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

clearpathnet

Okay - I'll try that. But im not sure that It will give me the styling I'm looking for. Having a nice, styled box, with consistent image placement/size would be great. I am suprised that I cant easily find a widget for this... as it seems like something most people would have a need for? Maybe I am not designing this right? hehe

Any other tips?

-Ian

James B

Hi Ian

There are no widgets that i'm aware of which will allow for general content to be displayed in that format unfortunately.

You can check the codex though at http://codex.wordpress.org/ in case you're able to find something which suits

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B