Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Viewer Viewer plugin stopped working

2 posts in this topic

I just installed Viewer 1.0.7 and activated it. The first gallery I created works well and you cn see Viewer in action:

the code in text mode is [gallery ids="32,35,36,37"]

The second gallery I create tith a similar code do not work: it does not display a Viewer gallery nor a default WP gallery:

The 2 posts are a couple minutes away, I did not upgrade/install other stuff inbetween besides Any Loop section by the same author.

apache2 logs show no errors.

I managed to create a new Viewer gallery:

but unable to create another one here, whete a WP gallery shows:

reading the forum archives it seems that the plugin relies on the Visual post editor, can the author please document the correct steps to use this plugin?

Edit and solved

Ths comment thread on the author product page leads to the solution:

The author writes:

One thing that's changed in 3.5 is the media library, so you HAVE to make sure that the images your uploading, are "uploaded to this post."

That change they made is really reaking havok with support releated queries lately because I have other sections that use similar logic.

If the gallery you create, if those images are attached to that post, it wont work.

And indeed, testing that I found out it's true. So it's important to point out that Viewer galleries only work with images that have been specifically uploaded/attached to the post or page they are in. I hope the author comments on that.

Edited by _jan_

Yep wish WP made this easier! Sorry for the troubles Jan!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Future Request
      By hibbsy78+
      One thing I'd really like to see asap is a gallery plugin the same as multigram in DMS. Actually I'd like to see Multigram replicated for instagram feed but also another version for standard media.
      I haven't found a plugin in wordpress that looks as good as this anywhere!
    • DMS interface no longer working
      By suerama+
      Hi, I recently updated wordpress and plugins and now changes simply do not register at all in the DMS interface. At first I can type in a textbox field, but I don't see that affecting the type on my page. Then I publish, see no effect. After that I can no longer even type in a text box interface field. 
      Wordpress interface works normally, it's just the DMS that isn't functioning.
      I'm setting up a dev site to troubleshoot this by disabling plugins, or reverting to a saved backup, etc. But I thought before I go to all the trouble someone might have a tip for me.
      Thanks in advance!
    •; theme is missing the style.css stylesheet
      By JimP
      For some reason, I can't install this theme, as per below "missing style.css stylesheet" ...any ideas? thank you. Jim Installing Theme from uploaded file: Unpacking the package…
      Installing the theme…
      The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.
      Theme install failed.
    • Change color of Masonic Gallery
      By hrachovec
      How do I change the rollover color of the images in a masonic gallery? Currently it's a blue and I can't quite see in the CSS where this is. Here's the page with gallery.
      Thanks! R
    • Masonic Gallery - Sort elements by title
      By GregPf
      Hi all,
      Is there a way to sort posts in the masonic gallery by title (alphabetically) instead of by post date or randomly?
      Our gallery contains nearly 200 posts that are created & updated automatically with info from our database, so changing the post dates to get the desired order is out of the question.
      Thank you,