Sign in to follow this  
antonyw

Image scaling

antonyw    0
antonyw
Ahhhhh...... Can anyone tell me why my thumbnails are being scaled.... Especially with the 'special recent posts' plugin?

Thanks

Rob    547
Rob

Hi Antony,

Special Recent Posts sets the thumbnail size to a specific set of dimensions.  You can adjust using CSS and an inspector to find the proper code.  See this for information about how to do it:  http://support.pagelines.me/docs/customization/custom-css/

WordPress too, sets image sizes for display of thumbnails.  If you add a 600px by 600px image to a post as featured image, then WordPress will use whatever size you have set in Dashboard > Settings > Media.   Should you change those dimensions, you will need a plugin to rebuild the database to reflect the new size.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

antonyw    0
antonyw
It's not that, I have Wordpress media sizes set, setup the plugin and still the thumbnails are being scaled... Even without the plugin in excerpts in magazine mode. Right clicking and looking at image info says they are the corrects size but also says they are scaled to x px 'x' y px

Are they being scaled to a factor of the original to fit in a specific box size somehow?

James B    436
James B

Hello, what page on the site is the special recent posts on? I've looked through the links but can only see the main blog roll on the site you have set in the private profile link.

Special recent posts has its own option menu for thumbnails sizes as far as I'm aware

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

antonyw    0
antonyw

Right click the thumbnails under the 'projects' link and 'view image info' .... scaled from 150x150 to 40x40

Rob    547
Rob

Antony,

Please answer the questions we have so that we can try to help.  James asked you for a link to a page on your site where Special Recent Posts is displayed.

Also, I think you misunderstood me.   Again, if you go to a post in WordPress and add a featured image of 600px by 600px, and the WordPress settings at Dashboard > Settings > Media say your post thumbnails should be 150px x 150px, then all you will see is 150px x 150px for normal blog listings.  Magazine mode makes them even smaller to make the size of the thumbnail fit the smaller magazine clip size.  To fix that, you'd have to copy and edit the postloop section to a child or Base Theme.

If you want to change Special Recent Posts, you must do two things.  1. You change the settings in Special Recent Posts.  and 2. You must find the CSS element for post thumbnails used by Special Recent Posts and customize the CSS for your purposes.

Rob    547
Rob

Great.