Sign in to follow this  
marketraise

mouseover issue in active menu

marketraise

Hi, On iBlogPro4, if you hover over an active menu item(in my case say "Web Marketing"), the background image shrinks a bit. I have a custom css: #morefoot{display:none;} #nav ul#menu-main-nav, #nav ul.mnav, #nav ul#menu-main { float:left; width:890px; } #nav ul li a{ padding: 9px 13px 9px 11px; } Also i am using a dropdown menu which i have activated in admin panel. Please Help!!!

cmunns

The padding for the hover needs to match the padding for the non-hover state or you could have it inherit the css. For some reason it looks like the padding on the active element with children is smaller than the non-active element without children. So... try adding this. ` #nav ul.dropdown li.menuhover a{ padding: 9px 13px 9px 11px; } `

cmunns

The padding for the hover needs to match the padding for the non-hover state or you could have it inherit the css. For some reason it looks like the padding on the active element with children is smaller than the non-active element without children. So... try adding this. ` #nav ul.dropdown li.menuhover a{ padding: 9px 13px 9px 11px; } `

marketraise

Thanks for the response. The code you have given didn't work. I think we need to change the padding for the hover on active page. As you can see normal hover is working but when we hover on active page menu then it gives problem. I an trying to locate the code in css but all in vain. Need to fix this asap as we will be going live within a day or two. Please help!

cmunns

Actually it was the active state itself that needed changing, use this: ` #nav .current_page_item a, #nav .current_page_item a:hover, #nav .current_page_ancestor a, #nav .current_page_ancestor a:hover, #nav .current-menu-item a { padding:9px 12px; } `

marketraise

Awesome, that fixed it, thanks a lot!!