Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Blog posts as excerpts on home page?

3 posts in this topic

Hi,  I am using "latest posts" for my home page.  I want to have the first post show full content and then the rest of the posts on that page as full width excerpts, not as magazine mode, is there a way to do this? 

Basically the way the full width catagory page looks but with the first post showing full content. 

The best, and only practical way to accomplish this is by manual post management.  In other words, you go to your latest post, edit it, and copy the entire content of your post, pasting it into the Excerpt field. 

When you write your next post, go back into that last one, and trim the content of the excerpt field to the first one or two sentences.

For each new post, copy and paste the content to the excerpt field, and just remember to trim the last one when you post the next new one, or you'll have multiple posts with full excerpts.

Unfortunately, we don't have a plugin yet that will do this kind of excerpt management.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• CSS Hero question
      By janpeeters+
      Hi all,
      I was totally excited to find out about 'CSS Hero' ( I read about it in the compatible plugins section of the PL5 docs ( For me it's a great way to more easily customize my sites because I'm not a CSS pro.
      I'm wondering about one thing though… Does anyone know if using this will result in a heavy penalty on page loading speeds? Would love to start using it but only if it doesn't cost too much in terms of speed.
      Thanks, Jan
    • Modal Popup Background
      By abuzzelli+
      I need the modal popup background to be solid and I can't get the css to work. Not sure what to do. Here's the page:
    • Anyone want to help me finally install my DMS?
      By evasnijders
      Dear fellow forum members,
      It has been months, if not years, since I got the latest DMS version. And I haven't been able to get myself to install it on my blog...
      A few months ago I took on a new job and I now know for sure I will never get to it.
      So, my question: is there anyone out there who is experienced with DMS and would be willing to do this for me.
      In all honesty, I will need help with everything, from rethinking the content (structure), to deciding on illustrations and colours. 
      I am though, willing to pay for this.
      Thanks in advance for your kind answers.
    • Adjust background image for mobile
      By abuzzelli+
      Trying to adjust the position of the background image on I need the wolf background to move over to the left on mobile versions so it can be seen. Here's the code I'm using and it's not working. I've tried a bunch of different things. Getting frustrated. Any advice?
      @media (max-width: 768px) { .home .site-wrap{ background: url(; -webkit-background-size: cover; -moz-background-size: cover; -o-background-size: cover; background-size: cover; background-position: 100% 0%; } } 
    • comments not working on blog posts
      By rrosewarne
      The comments on blog posts isn't working? it used to but now if you click the 'leave comment' link it goes to the bottom of the page and there is no comment box