dario

Migration Issues (PlatformPro to Framework)

dario

I'm creating a new Framework-themed site from scratch, and at the same time migrating an old site from Pagelines Pro to Framework.

The one from scratch is working great.

The migrated one is not.

Both sites have the latest versions of WP and PL.

Both sites have the same WP and PL settings (short of using a different DB, user, etc.).

The new site has no blog content, short of a demo post and comment.

The migrated site has all of its old content (2.5 years worth).

The new site shows the styling as it should.

The migrated site shows no (or limited) styling - one long page of everything, not responsive.

From my FTP views, both sites appear to have identical files and hierarchies.

For the migrated one I followed the migration protocols:  turned off all plugins, moved widgets to inactive, recreated menus, reistalled WP and PL, deleted PlatformPro and restarted my server. Still no luck. It's as if the site has no idea where the main stylesheet is.

I'd provide links but both are currently in maintenance mode because I need them hidden.

The new site is not yet live.

The migrated site gets about 1000 hits a day and I'd prefer that those visitors not see something messed up.

Here's what the site looked like in Platform Pro and this is after migration to Framework.

Of course now that the new Framework is coming this might all be for naught. ;)

Ideas?

James B

Hi there, is the new site on a multisite install? It looks like none of the css is currently loading.

If it is using multisite try adding define( 'PL_NO_DYNAMIC_URL', true ); to the wp-config.php

If it isn't, try disabling all third party plugins and resetting/saving the permalink structure to see if this fixes the css loading.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

dario
Yep. All plugins are deactivated (I then reactivated the maintenance one).
Reset the permalinks.

No change.

dario
Now this is interesting. I defaulted the permalinks again and the CSS is being read.
However, when I go back to month and name permalinks from default, the site breaks again.

James B

Is it multisite?

Did you try adding

define( 'PL_NO_DYNAMIC_URL', true );

to the wp-config? That will overrule the permalink rules for the css file

• Like 1

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

dario
Nope. Not multisite.
But, your config line of code worked!

So, I'm in need of a teachable moment. Why is the line necessary?

James B

Excellent, glad that worked :-)

Ok, best person to check with for a more in-depth answer would be Simon (as I notice you're part of the dev group, he'll explain it better than I can). As far as I know it tells the site to ignore the permalink settings and read the css file regardless of how the permalinks are setup in the back end. It's usually a common fix for multisite which throws a error 500 message on the  compiled css file.

• Like 1

James B

dario
Thanks James, I'll ask Simon too.

Rob

Great.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur