bauerhaus

Pagelines crashed & it says stylesheet is missing

bauerhaus

Website URL: http://www.shopsprung.org/
Framework Version: Most recent
WordPress Version: Most recent

My client contacted me yesterday that their website looked really weird. I went to shopsprung.org and saw that it looked like either the Child theme wasn't activated or Pagelines wasn't activated.

I logged in the admin section and looked at the themes and saw this message:

Broken Themes

The following themes are installed but incomplete. Themes must have a stylesheet and a template.

Name Description pagelines Stylesheet is missing.

I talked to the client and she said she did not touch any theme files at all and certainly would never delete any files. She did try updating Wordpress and Pagelines once she saw the site was all wacko, but that didn't help.

I also talked to the Host and they don’t see any server errors at this point, it appears that something just went south with the theme and it is defaulting back to the original. They have verified that we have not upgraded or patched anything on our site.

Any clue how to fix this? I don't see how the Pagelines stylesheet could just disappear.

greenfly

Hello Bauerhaus 

Are you using a child theme or the customise plugin? 

if you have access to the Pagelines Admin - could you enable debug by going to Pagelines > Site Options > advanced and clicking 'enable debug' 

Also, go to your Wordpress > settings > Permalinks and (without changing anything) just click save. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

bauerhaus

I actually already tried the "save" to the permalinks and that didn't do anything that I can see.

I am using a child theme that is currently deactivated.

I can't get into the Pagelines admin part at all (doesn't show up in the left side bar of Wordpress).

bauerhaus

Plugins that are used on this site:

Wordpress SEO

Pagelines Sections

Post video players, slideshow albums, photo galleries and music / podcast playlist

Velvet Blue Update URLs

greenfly

Velvet Blue Update URLs is used for migrating WP installs so you can remove that - it might be worth asking for a restore from backup from your host if there has been a problem with the install. This shouldn't happen unless someone changes something in the install 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

bauerhaus

I just checked the SFTP folder and almost every single file of Pagelines is gone. Only the branding folder is in the Pagelines theme folder. So strange.

I will ask the host to make a full restore.

Do you think someone could have hacked into Pagelines some how?

James B

Hi there, if the site was hacked you'd see something hopefully present in the error report or the host would be able to tell. If there was a hack it would be through the hosting account.

I would think from reading the above that reinstalling pagelines would be the best option to ensure all the core files are correct and anything that is incorrect is overwritten with a new copy.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B