radroz

Need to have vertical navigation menu in MUD to scroll with site

radroz

I'm working on a site that needs to have the vertical navigation scroll with the rest of the site. Please help. Using Mud with latest version of WP and Framework.

greenfly

David - please add the link to your site. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

greenfly

At the moment the verticle nav on the left remains static whilst the rest of the site scrolls down. http://aviatorpizza.com/aviator/career/ 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

radroz

We need it all to scroll together.

radroz

More importantly, it needs to stay fixed with the background. They move as two separate elements, which is frustrating.

radroz

changed it to aviatorpizza.com

greenfly

Hi your site is down - just getting internal server error when i visit your site. 

greenfly

All the other pages bar your front page are throwing 500 errors.

radroz

Forgot to reset the permalinks. Fixed.

James B

Hi there,

Have you tried changing the positioning of #vertical-branding to fixed. That should make it scroll with the page.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

radroz

This did it:

#vertical-branding #menu-nav .main-nav, {
	position:fixed;
}

.one-sidebar-left #pagelines_content #sidebar-wrap {
	position: absolute;
	top: 0;
	left:0;
}

James B

Excellent :-)

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B