Bleuy

Conflicting Theme Functionality (Pagelines & Blackbird, leaving legacy functionality)

Bleuy
Well the weekend is nearly here folks!

I have a slightly off the wall issue, which is probably more a database than Pagelines issue... but I am throwing it out there, in hope of a resolution.

I was utilising the Ink Theme, Blackbird Theme, but have now moved to Pagelines Pro, but I appear to still have some legacy code which is effecting the functionality the website (causing problems with the Widgets & The Blog appearance).  

I have uninstalled and deleted the Blackbird theme entirely (through the uninstall function and also checked that it is no longer on my server) but certain elements of its functionality still appear to be operating within the new theme.

I have upgraded to the latest versions of Wordpress & Pagelines, disabled the Plugins entirely, reverted back to the TwentyEleven version but the functionality from the Blackbird Theme is still existing.

Anyone got any thoughts on this?  I have emailed Ink Themes, but they categorically state that once deleted, no code remains or will effect the Wordpress installation...... WRONG!

I have had a look at the SQL Tables (Option_id) (Can I point out that I am NOT an expert at this) and have noticed that there are 3 fields which contain reference to the Blackbird Theme.  Could these be causing the conflict and if so, has anyone got a solution for me to resolve it.  I am assuming that its not as simple as deleting the relevant fields/data?

I would rather not have to go through a complete fresh install of Wordpress.  I appreciate that this is more of a Blackbird Theme related issue, but they seem very unsupportive (despite being a paying customer!) in resolving this issue - I have also put a post on Wordpress, but if anyone has any ideas they would like to share then brilliant.

Would welcome all and any assistance.

I can supply a copy of the table data if necessary

greenfly

Do you have a link to your site? 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

Rob

Hi,

It seems that the old themes have left customized code in your database or on your site.

You may not recall, but it's possible you edited your .htaccess file, or added some custom code outside the theme, in WordPress. You'll really have to ask that theme's authors how their system works in writing to the database.  They would have a much clearer understanding of what their theme did than we could. 

There may be some plugins that will help you clean up the database.  Meanwhile, I'd suggest using the WordPress export tools to export your posts and pages, and back up everything just in case you do need to restart. That way you won't lose the content.  I'd also read up on how to reinstall WordPress, so you don't lose images, and other things you've done over time.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Bleuy

Thanks Rob, I've done all that...but waiting on you geniuses to come up with an alternative (I love this forum, you always get a response)  the previous theme author is being less than helpful - my preferred option was not to reinstall my wordpress (something I have also read up on) seems a bit drastic of method to resolve the problem.  I will leave for a couple of days to see what else occurs... then resort to drastic measures!

Simon

OK what exactly do you think is still coming from a deleted theme? I can just see user content etc on your site.

Bleuy

Morning peeps and thanks for your responses.... to answer the various questions.....

Rob first....

This is the response from the other Themes technical support..."Hello, We don't make any theme which causes problem to our customers, even after removing it, and still you are getting problem then we would suggest you to install WordPress again. It will solve your problem." this might end up being the last result, but not the support I was looking for!

.htaccess file

RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^audentesmarketing.co.uk$ [NC,OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.audentesmarketing.co.uk$ [NC]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/wordpress/
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /wordpress/ [L] 

# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>
# END WordPress

Simon P.....

Why do I think I have a problem, please check out this screen shot below of the Widget element of Wordpress.  The theme is set to Pagelines, but the functionality of this page is that from the Blackbird theme.  I can't drag a drop plugins.  Also, if you look at my blog (http://www.audentesmarketing.co.uk/news-resources/), you will see that the data is summarised, but, immediately after the '[...] the full article appears.... for all my articles.  I know that this is configured correctly as I have replicated it off other sites I have set up.

BlackbirdPagelineconflict.gif

Simon

Also, if you look at my blog (http://www.audentesm...news-resources/), you will see that the data is summarised, but, immediately after the '[...] the full article appears.... for all my articles.

Thats because you have excerpt AND post content to be shown on the blog page.

Bleuy

oh! thats weird ...  as I copied the configuration from a blog that looked correct!  Obviously having a blonde moment  :phew:

Thanks for that

Rob

No problem!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur