Sign in to follow this  
bobbekaer

Adding shadow and border to content area

bobbekaer    0
bobbekaer

Hi

I am trying to add shadow and border to the white content area on http://version2manometer.wpforalle.dk/. I tried using:

.page-canvas {
-moz-box-shadow: 0 0 5px #B7A2A3;
-webkit-box-shadow: 0 0 5px #B7A2A3;
box-shadow: 0 0 5px #B7A2A3;
}

but I can't find the right selector?

:-D

Bolette

Rob    547
Rob

Hi,

For purposes of an testing, I came up with

.content .content-pad {
    border-left: 2px solid red;
    border-right: 2px solid red;
    padding: 15px;
}

Unfortunately, I can't find the right bit to put a border at the bottom.  If you add border-bottom: 2px solid red; the border goes in all the wrong places.

With the layout you're using, page-canvas doesn't seem to work properly.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

bobbekaer    0
bobbekaer

Ok, I changed the layout so I could add the "build-in" shadow :-)

Rob    547
Rob

Great.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• suburbanite
      By suburbanite
      I am trying to change the size and remove the shadow from the Quick Slider section of my site. I would like the slider to be taller and not so horizontal. I have tried to use the Inspect Element function in Chrome to find where the code for the shadow and the overall dimensions of the slider are so I can change them, but there's so much code and I'm new to web design, so I have no idea where to start. Thank you advance for your help! 

The site is here:
      http://angelawdesign.com/
    • winemonkey
      By winemonkey
      I've see many topics on the subject but none seem to work.

I need to add rounded corners to all my feature sliders... I have a lot of them, so I'd prefer CSS than editing each of them in Photoshop. Right now I'm using this: #feature-area {border-radius: 10px;} It seems to work on the first slide only. http://thewinesyndicate.ca

Also, is there a way to crank up the size of the shadow around the features?

Thank you,
    • greenfly
      By greenfly

Hi all..

On a site i am putting together the page canvas has the drop shadow that goes around the page and down to the footer and then stops. i have added a colour to the footer and i intend to change this eventually to a background image. Im confident in changing it to a background image using CSS so im ok with that, however when i try to add the drop shadow to the footer i cant seem to get it to work. Looks more complicated than i at first thought.

The page canvas uses the followng CSS to generate the shadow (i think)

.content-shadow.fixed_width .page-canvas { -webkit-box-shadow:rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8) 0 1px 5px; box-shadow:rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8) 0 1px 6px; } so i have added the following to the Custom Code .content-shadow.fixed_width #sb_footcols .content { -webkit-box-shadow:rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8) 0 1px 5px; box-shadow:rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8) 0 1px 5px; i have tried other variations of this i.e. changing the #sb_footcols .content to .footer

and some other variations have also been tried.

anyone any ideas what it is i am doing wrong?

thanks in adavnce!