Sign in to follow this  
schanarat

Issue regarding uploading pictures on Simple:Press forum

schanarat

Hi guys,

I've recently added Pagelines to my website (http://bangkokhooker-fishing.com) and everything works great but I am having some difficulty with uploading photos in the forum section. I have been using Simple:Press for my forum for about a year now and since the Pagelines upgrade I can't upload photos.

I've read over some of the solutions provided in both the Simple:Press forums as well as here in Pagelines' Tech support forum. I've tried adding the coding to disable boostrap into the functions.php but am still experiencing the error.

Please help.

Rob

Hi,

This is unusual, as WordPress handles the Media Library.  I'm afraid I don't know Simple:Press forum software, but PageLines shouldn't prohibit you from uploading images to it.   Have you asked the developers of Simple:Press?   This could be some sort of jQuery or javascript issue.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

schanarat

Yup I did and their solution was to criticize Pagelines for using Bootstrap and give me some code that had solved it the issues for others but not for me.

Does anyone out there have a solution?

James B

Hi there, are you getting any kind of error message when you upload the images? If so paste in the error message and we'll see if we can determine what it relates to.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

schanarat

Nope, no error message. Just the "start upload" button not being responsive in the first place.

James B

If the button isn't responsive it could be a js conflict with another plugin. Do you have any other plugins installed on the site, if you do, does deactivating them resolve anything in the simple press plugin.

Can you check the 'debug' tab in pagelines>site options>advanced for us so we can take a look at the site info.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

schanarat

So far the current plugins I have activated are:

Askimet

Google Analytics for Wordpress

Google Maps Embed

Google XML Sitemaps

Image Widget

Simple:Press
Wordpress SEO

Wordpress Statistics

Here is the report from the debug:

WordPress Version : 3.5.2 Multisite Enabled : No Current Role : Administrator Framework Path : /home/jesleg/public_html/wp-content/themes/pagelines Framework URI : http://bangkokhooker-fishing.com/wp-content/themes/pagelines Framework Version : 2.4.4 Framework Build : 2.4.4 PHP Version : 5.3 PHP Magic Quotes gpc : Yes (bad) PHP memory : 168 Mysql version : 5.5.30-cll Sections Plugin : Not Installed! PHP type : Cgi-fcgi PHP User : Jesleg OS : Linux Launchpad : Logged in ( schanarat ) Licence : Pro Plugins : 12
akismet/akismet.php
google-analytics-for-wordpress/googleanalytics.php
google-maps-embed/cets_EmbedGmaps.php
google-sitemap-generator/sitemap.php
image-widget/image-widget.php
seo-automatic-links/seo-links.php
simple-press/sp-control.php
ultimate-coming-soon-page/ultimate-coming-soon-page.php
wordpress-importer/wordpress-importer.php
wordpress-seo/wp-seo.php
wp-mail-smtp/wp_mail_smtp.php
wp-statistics/wp-statistics.php

greenfly

Hello Try deactivating all other plugins except pagelines plugins and Simple Press and see if this resolves your issue. 

Also on your debug is the following information Magic Quotes gpc : Yes (bad)  This feature has been DEPRECATED as of PHP 5.3.0 and REMOVED as of PHP 5.4.0. http://php.net/manual/en/security.magicquotes.php

If you contact your host they will be able to remove this or update to the latest PHP version. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

schanarat

yup I tried deactivating everything and the error is still there so it's not a plugin I guess. I'll send the webhosting the information you have provided me. Thank you. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

greenfly

Ok - let us know how you get on 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"