Sign in to follow this  
fpcas9431

RSS Feed

fpcas9431    0
fpcas9431

Hello there: I've installed an RSS icon on my webpage, however I have completely forgotten how to set the 'image' of RSS icon to actually trigger the subscription/feed. Currently it links/goes to library image of icon...want it to trigger RSS sub..

Can you help direct me.

See: www.thetradinglab.com

greenfly    230
greenfly

You could just change the link destination of the RSS icon in your media gallery to the RSS link 

something like http:/www.thetradinglab.com/feed/

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

fpcas9431    0
fpcas9431

That's what I thought: Is as simple as  http:/www.thetradinglab.com/feed/

or something I have to get out of my control panel host specifically? and if so where exactly folder wise might that be?

James B    436
James B

Hi there,

It looks like the image has been added manually outside of the pagelines settings. The image in currently linking to the image file, not the rss link. If you change the link from the image to http://www.thetradinglab.com/feed/ that will take you to the rss feed.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

fpcas9431    0
fpcas9431

That's almost got it: If I use that exact link it seems to default to google reader which i don't happen to use. I won't want to force anyone to do Google Reader. 

Hmmm...seems Google may have slipped a app onto my Mac. When I delete Google reader it works fine. Can you test link on your end and see if it forces you to Google or options you to your default reader?

BEst

F

James B    436
James B

Hi there, when i use in firefox i get - http://screencast.com/t/C98IR8EPV84a

When testing in other browsers i get an option to either choose or download an rss reader to use within the browser as i haven't set any previously. It's not forcing me to use google.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

fpcas9431    0
fpcas9431

Ok, so I just used my Firefox and it worked fine (so that's a user preferences not browser thing). Thanks for the idea to check other browsers.

Seems to be working fine then, and much appreciated on the help....

James B    436
James B

You're welcome :-)

James B