Sign in to follow this  
apadilla

Remove hover background color on image-based subnav

apadilla    0
apadilla

Hi: I'd like to know the css selector for changing the background color that shows up in the subnav on hover. I am using transparent images for the subnav, and image shows a blue bg color on mousover.

I've tried examining it using chrome or firefox inspector, but still can't get the code right. I have:

body .dropdown-menu li > a, body .dropdown-menu li > span {
 background-color:transparent!important;
    display: block;
    line-height: 21px;
    padding: 0px 0px;
 }

Thanks!

Rob    547
Rob

Hi,

Could you provide a link to the site in question so that we can inspect and report back our best reply?  Thanks.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob    547
Rob

Hi,

There's obviously a lot of custom CSS in that site.  Can you please copy it and paste it to http://paste.pagelines.com ?  Just copy and paste the URL it gives you here for us to follow up.

Thanks.

Rob    547
Rob

We need the URL to the pasted code.

James B    436
James B

Hi there

The color/shadow seem to be coming from the following code

body .dropdown-menu {
    background-clippadding-box;
    background-color#FFFFFF;
    border1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);
    border-radius6px 6px 6px 6px;
    box-shadow0 5px 10px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);
    displaynone;
    floatleft;
    left0;
    list-stylenone outside none;
    margin2px 0 0;
    min-width160px;
    padding5px 0;
    positionabsolute;
    top100%;
    z-index1000;
}

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

apadilla    0
apadilla

I was able to change the hover color to red (and any other color) with this css:

body .dropdown-menu a:hover{background:white!important;}

but if I make the color transparent, the original blue shows through. I can't seem to completely override the blue. I think the blue coloir is coming automatically from the overall color setting in Pagelines, because my highlight color is the exact same blue.

James B    436
James B

Hi there, the blue is coming from a gradient, so that will use background-image in the css instead of background. You'll need to set the background-image to :none to remove it. See the screenshot below.

http://screencast.com/t/bYdt1Rt4

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

apadilla    0
apadilla

Thank you so much. That worked perfectly!

greenfly    230
greenfly

Thanks for letting us know that worked :) 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"