Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Feature fonts different in different browsers

2 posts in this topic

I am working on

On the frontpage there is a feature. But the H1 font is a bit of a mystery...

In Safari it looks like this:

In Firefox like this:

I use the PageLines Googlefonts plugin and the font, Titillium Web, is set to Light...? 

Is there anything to do or is a matter of accepting this? I thought the webfonts would show up the same in every browser?

Thank you :-)

Hello Bolette

Different browsers handle CSS differently so it is a matter of testing and then rectifying the problem browsers with some Custom CSS. 

I recommend using Firebug or your browsers built-in web dev tools and inspect the problematic sections to find the correct code.

For assistance visit our custom CSS documentation -

To make life a little easier there is a plugin to help with this http://www.pagelines...ns/browser-css/

Inspect the font to see if you can change it in specific browsers. Maybe light in one browser will look the same as lighter in another or so on. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Odd Result: Getting Two Different Popups from One Modal Popup Setup
      By Claude203
      I'm getting an odd result, which probably has an easy solution but I need help identifying the cause.
      I have a single Modal Popup setup on a specific blog post and it works fine, but the resulting popup that appears (either automatically or when clicking the button) is different depending on the browser. The correct popup appears only in Chrome. But in Firefox or Safari as well as in iPhone, a completely different (undesired) popup appears. And yet I do not have a separate above-the-footer popup defined, only a template-wide version within the footer. Really weird. I know it is not possible to have two popups come out of one single setup, so there must be another popup defined somewhere, but I can't find it. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you.
      This is the post in question:
      Here is the correct desired popup:
      Here is the unintended incorrect popup:
    • full box revslider browser issue
      By alisamski+
      Using the full box section with the full revslider plugin.
      Having browser issues. Updated to latest version of everything, and the slider went off screen in Mozilla.
      Reached out to plugin developer, and they say it must be the theme.
      I would appreciate it if someone can take a look at the link.
      I've attached a screen shot of the slider in mozilla view.
      Please advise.
      Thank you.
    • Randomize feature slider
      By AaronS
      I've looked everywhere in the forum and haven't been able to find a workable solution. I'm using the feature slider on my main page. Rather than having the same order appear each time a user loads the page, I would love for it to display the features randomly. Likely this will require custom code, but that's beyond my abilities. Thanks in advance for the help.
    • Can DMS be edited with Safari or Firefox?
      By seattle5021209
      I do not use Google Chrome, therefore I have been postponing buying DMS until I am able to use Safari or Firefox.
      Are there any plans for DMS to be able to be edited using Safari or Firefox?
      Thank you.
    • Nav Bar CSS in Safari
      By alisamski+
      I cannot seem to see navbar css color changes in the desktop version of safari?
      Works fine in Firefox and Chrome and safari on mobile ios.
      Anyone available to check?
      Should show as a lite-grey to navy.
      Here is the link.
      Thank you.