Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

evanders

Remove the Metabar?

evanders    0
evanders

Is there a way within the settings, besides using display: none via CSS to remove the metabar? Or, via a hook perhaps?

James B    436
James B

Hi there,

There is a hook for pagelines_post_metabar - http://phpxref.pagelines.com/nav.html?includes/class.posts.php.source.html#l30

If you're confident with hooks/filters you can edit this in the functions.php of the base theme or the customize plugin.

Unfortunately metabar isn't a section so it can't be removed via the drag and drop.

In the blogs and posts settings you can change the content which appears in the metabar using the shortcodes provided, but not hide it completely. If it's empty it goes back to the default options. So css would be the best option in that case etc.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Simon    247
Simon

In the metabar settings win wp-admin, replace the shortcodes with a space, ie  

• Like 1

funkyman    0
funkyman

Where do I find that setting / file ?

In the metabar settings win wp-admin, replace the shortcodes with a space, ie  

Danny    1,327
Danny

The MetaBar setting can be found in Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Blog and Post

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• Timothy
      By Timothy+
      I'm trying to find a way to display the full content of my posts on my posts page rather than the post excerpt. 
      I've tried using various plugins to create a custom excerpt with no success, so I'm guessing I'll need to make the change to the theme files. That being said I'm not able to find where I would make that change. In the past I've been able to replace <?php the_excerpt(); ?> with <?php the_content(); ?>, but I'm unable to locate this in the framework theme? Am I missing something here?
    • Janardan
      By Janardan+
      How to remove/hide excerpt text from pinspro sidebar?
    • dawsonbarber
      By dawsonbarber+
      Just noticed that PL5 has a problem that DMS, iBlogPro6 and a few others carried for a while: single page/post headings are wrapped in H2 tags instead of H1 tags.
    • sruehle
      By sruehle+
      Hey there,
      I hope that this questions doesn´t come up every day:
      I´d like to set up a sub-page that contains my blog (http://www.finmeetstech.com/blog/). When I am adding posts to this page, they always show as excerpt with a read more button that links to an other page, at which the full post content can be viewed. However, I would like to either have the whole blog content on the first page (http://www.finmeetstech.com/blog/) or to change the functionality of the read more button, so that it is toggling the full content instead of loading a new page. 
      I already selected
        For each article in a feed, show Full text

but it didn´t work.
      I am using DMS with the voyant child theme. I hope that you can help me with this. Moreover, I should add that I am not really confident in editing any php files. 
      Thank you in advance. 
    • bross51
      By bross51
      I was able to hide the metabar on the single post pages thanks to the included shortcodes however there are no shortcodes to hide the metabar on the remaining pages.  How can this be done?

Thanks for the help.