ozelot

Hide fixed navbar on certain pages (landing pages) or display different menu in fixed navbar

ozelot    0
ozelot

Hello

this is my first post on the forums, so please go easy ;)

I use PL Dev. edition on my site with fixed navbar. I would like to remove the standart fixed navbar on landing pages completely or have the landing page show another menu.

Thanks for your feedback.

Rob    547
Rob

Hi,

You can go to the editing panel of the Landing Page. Scroll down to PageLines Meta Settings. Check the option to hide the NavBar.

You can also implement the Secondary Nav via Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop, then via Meta Settings, select the Secondary Menu you've created in Dashboard > Appearance > Menus to replace if you like.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

ozelot    0
ozelot

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply.

I dont have the option to hide navbar with fixed navbar, this only worked with the "normal" one.. any suggestions?

Rob    547
Rob

Hi,  The fixed navbar is the same as the NavBar, only fixed (by settings).  So, if you hide NavBar, on that page, you'll be hiding the fixed navbar.

See the image below.  Do you see something different?

[attachment=1150:6-22-2013 2-07-43 PM.jpg]

ozelot    0
ozelot

i had normal navbar in free, upgraded to premium/dev and had fixed and normal navabar, so in the drag&drop i removed navbar section completely, that is why i dont have the option to disable it.. and i have fixed navbar on all pages...

ozelot    0
ozelot

PS i have "enable fixed navbar" checked in PageLines > Site options > navbar

is this the wrong way to add fixed navbar if i wnat to hide it on landing pages?

Rob    547
Rob

I wonder if the navbar isn't appearing by default.  Please look at Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop  in the Header section and tell me what's in there.  You should have Branding and NavBar.

ozelot    0
ozelot

i have only branding, removed navbar as i had 2 - fixed and normal...

Rob    547
Rob

Okay.  Place NavBar into the Header area. 

I suspect you had NavBar and Nav Classic or Secondary Nav as there is no section for NavBar Fixed that I know about, in any version.

Rob    547
Rob

Once NavBar is in there, you can go back to the page, click on PageLines Meta Settings and hide NavBar as in the image.

ozelot    0
ozelot

if i do so, i get another not fixed navbar below the fixed..

Rob    547
Rob

Can you screenshot that for me?  I would like to replicate it if I can.

ozelot    0
ozelot

Hi Rob,

I made the screenshots of my issue which is that if I put a Navbar into my Drag&Drop I get fixed AND starndard nav. So I removed it to keep only fixed which I can't disable on my lannding page as I have no nav bar section :) I hope the pictures illustrate the issue well enough. A css/custom code fix would be OK for me, as long it is update etc. proof.

You can find the screenshots here: 

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzzGVxw24s5dbVZUZjlrZGNLLXM&usp=sharing

Picture 1-3 show current situation, picture 4 the result if I add navbar section in Drag & Drop.

Thanks for your help!

Daniel

James B    436
James B

Hi there, Fixed navbar isn't a drag and drop section. It's just a tab to add to the site, when you do it's sitewide, you can't turn it on/off per page unfortunately.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

ozelot    0
ozelot

no way to disable it on certain pages at all?

James B    436
James B

Hi there,

Not using the admin settings unfortunately. The only way would be using custom code and either the page-id as a prefix to target it or the page class.

See - http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic/21567-fixed-nav-bar-remove-on-one-page/

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B