Sign in to follow this  
antonyw

Carousel Links - open in new window

antonyw    0
antonyw

Hi, Please would you tell me how to make links on carousel images open in a new window? - thanks in advance

Rob    547
Rob

Hi Antony,

You'd have to customize the carousel section using PHP code.

FTP into your site. Navigate to wp-content/themes/pagelines/sections and download the entire folder named carousel.

You'll have to edit the section.php file and carefully add target="_new" in the code in the appropriate place.  Do not upload the changes.

You'll then need to use the Base Theme. This is free via Dashboard > PageLines > Store > Themes. Install it, but do not activate it.

FTP into the site, this time navigating to wp-content/themes/pageslines-template-theme.  You may have to create a new folder there called sections (Do not capitalize it, or modify that name).  Open the new folder and upload the carousel folder you downloaded before. 

If you have a cache plugin activated, clear the plugin's cache. 

Close your browser.  Re open it.  Check the links. They should work, provided you did your PHP code correctly.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• oseehys
      By oseehys+
      The Grams section of Platform 5, is lacking lots of important features, that DMS multigram was having, there is no space for another user ID asie the default user, that was one of the strongest point of multigrams, because the Hashtag option cannot capture everyone, multiple User ID is the default standard for Instagram,  Also there is no carousel or slide on this one, it means now that if you want to display 18 pictures in one page all will be visible at once thats not good engineering.
      My appeal to the Pagelines Team, guys please let the next update have all the DMS Multigrams features that is missing on Platform 5 Grams, that will bring it to its glory...

• Michael Kummer
      By Michael Kummer+
      Hi guys,
      I have noticed that all thumbnails on www.michaelkummer.com are scaled down in CSS or HTML, rather than on the backend by Jetpack's Photon. See https://db.tt/vNJCn7Gh and https://db.tt/3ZpkHM7G. 
      Any idea why Pins sets the image width and height to something much larger than what's shown on the screen? Is there any way to fix this so that Photon can do a better job in rescaling the images on the backend before they are delivered to the browser?
      Thanks
      Michael 
    • sfmstudios
      By sfmstudios+
      I'm using the boxes section on a local development site to play around with some options, and running into an issue.  
      Have the following settings for the boxes:
      Type: Images/SVC Media on Top Image Appearance: Standard/Default Image/Icon Width: 280px Image Opacity: 100% Each of my box images is 280x150 in size, but the result of the image on the box is a strange zoomed-in, cropped square (see attached).  I looked to adjust border properties via CSS, but couldn't find a fix.  What solutions are out there?

• richardjacruz
      By richardjacruz+
      I received our monthly Alexa report, and it pointed out that there were missing alt tags on EVERY page on our site. Upon closer inspection, it looks like the QuickSlider which is used for the scrolling banners at the top of the site doesn't bring in the alt tags. Recently, you made a change to the RevSlider to allow images to have "alt" tags. Can you do that for the QuickSlider too?
      Thanks.
    • jvheintze
      By jvheintze+
      I just tried to figure out how to use Lax in combination with Post Thumbnails the following way: instead of showing the Featured Image on top of the content section I would like to have a Lax section above the content which loads for each post the featured image. To do so it seems there should be some kind of word press hook support necessary (not ready yet)? Or did I miss something?