Sign in to follow this  
pagerun

Pagelines Setup Changes after Changing Hosts

pagerun

I have needed to change hosts a few times, all files are copied exactly as is,  and the database also exported and imported exactly as is.

The site remains entirely the same except for the Footer Columns sidebar. It either disappears or the widgets appear in different places after the move and I need to move them back or set them up again.

Why is this happening?

Is there a way to prevent this?  

it is quite a pain to have to set this up for each website which changes hosting.

greenfly

Hello Pagerun 

The solution for this is here 

your Widgets need to be reset after migration - Rob has answered this question previously  so if you follow Robs advice you should have the solution in future migrations. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

pagerun

Was there supposed to be a link in your message?

greenfly

fixed that for you :) 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"